MX5 Pro or TW5?

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

MX5 Pro or TW5?

Postby Exarach on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:02 pm

Anybody have an opinion on these?
Ever used one?
Want to get rid of one? :D

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone had anything to add to a debate that has been raging in my mind for a while now, IE, Should I buy the ICS MX5 pro, or go whole hog for the Systema TW5.

Basically:

ICS MX5
-Cheap! ~$250 new!
- Its an ICS! :o I like there mp5's...buuuuuut all there split style guns have done me wrong in the past.
- Takes standard Mp5 mags
- Looks futuristic...... ya...
- Can use standard parts

OR
Should I go all out and invest in a TW5?

Systema TW5
-EXPENSIVE $900!!
- Swap-able fps cylinders! Easy!
- Its a Systema, good quality, fantastic performance
- Good classic mp5 look!
- Proprietary parts :(
- Proprietary Mags

Any opinions are appreciated, hands on user accounts are great too!
Basically, I believe the MX5 to be a TW5 that only costs $250, but I want some input first.
Attack!
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Re: MX5 Pro or TW5?

Postby MusicMan on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:31 pm

Ive done this same thought process many times before. Why sepnd so much money on a single perfect gun when you can have a coupld good guns. Also in your case, system mags, depnding on how many you want to run, well says 6 for this example, 5 plus on in gun is reasonable. That's puts you another 200 to 300 above the 900 price. With the ics your looking at an extra 50 or so for the same amount. Granted its your money and you'll buy what you want but those are my reasons why I haven't bought a systema... though every second I wish I had one...
Echo1 AKM 47 // Cyma RPK 74 // Cyma Glock 18c // KWA Glock 19
MusicMan
Sergeant

Postby Gills on Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:43 pm

ive shot mr. g's mx5 and i was uber impressed. the electrical system, 3 rd burst, electricronic spring release, split gearbox, it had Great range, shot beautifully. the mx5 has great externals, the foldable snoper stock sick for the mp5. the systema wont give you any more advantage at all, i dont know how easy systema mp5 mags come, my guess it will be very picky and propietary in anything after market since it is systema. giving you more trouble for more money. i was extremely impressed with the mx5, hope this helps.

the cylender change with the systema i find over rated and not that useful. the void stickers that ulti hates that are put on guns at ops, means you cant open the gun to swap cylendera for changing from cqb to field. get the mx5 shooting at max limits if you want to put the hurt on some one, or else it shoots great stock.
USMC
"Your Gods and my Gods-do you or I know which are stronger?"
Gills
Sergeant

Postby Exarach on Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:03 pm

Thanks for the input guys! I am looking hard into the MX5
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby The Honey Badger on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:20 pm

MX5 Shawn...

Ben's is awesome!

Edit: I don't like where the QD ring is. Like the AK's its on the wrong side of the gun, HALF of the time. But the stock is solid and niftier than most MP5S's
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Return to Guns and Gear