GBB RIFLE OWNERS/USERS INFPR REQUEST

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

GBB RIFLE OWNERS/USERS INFPR REQUEST

Postby IconarmsDealer on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:53 pm

I am looking for User Feed back from Owners/users of GBB Rifles. I would like to hear The Pros and Cons of the system. Please include
Make:
Model:
Pros:
Cons:
Magazine:Fit/feed/ function. and finding them!
Any recomendation for Upgrade or replacement

Please ONLY OWNERS
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Re: GBB RIFLE OWNERS/USERS INFPR REQUEST

Postby Exarach on Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:24 pm

O hell, I have put more than a few of these to the test. Too many to list, give me a shout at the next game.
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby SinfulPain on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:01 am

Make: WE
Model: PDW
Pros: High accuracy, decent recoil
Cons: Gums up easily in the desert (You have to clean it after every day you use it). NEEDS THE NPAS (and you need vibratite for the NPAS, otherwise it will unscrew itself after a while. Loctite WILL NOT WORK)
Magazine: Fits/feeds/functions perfectly. Consistent FPS as well (was getting +-10fps). Co2 mags SUCK, only use green gas mags

Notorious for the rear seal leaking, though. Easy fix. Small flat blade screwdriver, #2 Philips, a toothpick/Q-tip, Valve key, and sensor safe RTV. Unscrew the rear screws from the internal magazine, and carefully use the small flat blade to pull the spine off, then apply RTV to both sides of the gasket, then replace, and screw the spine on most of the way (don't torque it down, just LIGHTLY snug it down. If you need more than 2 fingers, you're using too much force). Next, unscrew the knocker valve (the valve the hammer hits), and let the RTV dry, without the knocker valve in place (ensures complete drying). Wait 24-48 hours, tighten the screws down fully, then put everything back together.

You will also want to buy a CNC steel hammer, with a better bearing. The one that is in the gun will die after a few thousand rounds (poor knurling on the bearing retainer pin)

Any recomendation for Upgrade or replacement

Polish the inner barrel (will take several hours, but totally worth it)
NPAS, CNC steel hammer (Or replace the whole trigger box internals with CNC steel parts, so you know you will never have to worry about parts breaking).
AEG barrel conversion kit (NOT MANDATORY! Stock 9" barrel gets 200' torso shots with the NPAS maxed out)
Stinger hop-up (unless you are using .30's)

Other notes:
DOES NOT LIKE MATRIX/MIDGRADE BRANDS! You will have a shotgun spread effect after 50 feet (BB's will go all over the place). Don't believe me? Alternate rounds between Matrix .30's and Bioval .30's. Trajectory will be like this: ---/---\ (---'s being Bioval, /&\ being Matrix).

I would suggest getting the 416, though, and upgrading the hell out of that. Should allow you to increase your range, and will allow you to use it as a sniper rifle, should you decide to (otherwise, tune FPS for field limits, and have fun!).
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby Savage on Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Do the open bolt GBBR's actually fire from open bolt position, or do they have their own definition for the common term?
And isn't that a bad idea if you're trying to actually hit something?
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby SinfulPain on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:17 pm

Savage wrote:Do the open bolt GBBR's actually fire from open bolt position, or do they have their own definition for the common term?
And isn't that a bad idea if you're trying to actually hit something?

Never really cared for/paid attention to the OB design, because they had jamming/bolt carrier issues in the early stages from what I had read.
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby THKInternational on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:31 pm

Make: WE
Model: G36c
Pros: GREAT gun accurate and exelent recoil decent price 10/10
Cons: fire selector on left side is a bit of play might fall off will not shoot straight with anything under .25s
Magazine: EAsy to find plastic cost 40 bucks feed flawlessly and connect to each other but bulky
Ugrade: get a Badass stock
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Guns and Gear