Airsoft 70MM mortar

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Airsoft 70MM mortar

Postby MusicMan on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:08 am

With metal fins.
Echo1 AKM 47 // Cyma RPK 74 // Cyma Glock 18c // KWA Glock 19
MusicMan
Sergeant

Postby THKInternational on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:58 am

MusicMan wrote:With metal fins.

I doubt anyone would run around shoulder firing it and its made for in direct fire
AirsoftWorld wrote:These are not designed for firing directly at people as they weigh 240g (quarter of a bag of sugar) once fired and the water has displaced and will hit with a bit of a thump. They are highly unlikely to seriously hurt anyone if they do hit them though. You would probably hurt yourself more by just falling over!
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby quadro on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:45 pm

IMO these kinds of props/launchers should be inspected by the board for safety and then voted on.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Harold R. McAlindon

quadro
Executive Advisor

Postby ultimentra on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:02 pm

Heres my take-

I am fairly certain there will be safety tests done by airsoftmedicine or other popular airsofters/manufacturers for exactly this type of thing. Once the results from that come out, we can go off of that, or we (TAC) can conduct our own tests supervised by the board. Whether it poses any kind of safety risk, or in the case of direct impact can induce bodily harm, can be easily tested by using the device its self, and targets made of cardboard or something else cheap that can show us the the potential for harm it may or may not have.

My advice for anyone purchasing this before test results are made public-
Bring it to a TAC meeting. The Board can review it after seeing demonstrations/tests made there on the field.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby THKInternational on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:39 pm

I agree with ulti I will bring it to the next possible tac meeting
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby KileyHAZ on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:05 am

ultimentra wrote:Heres my take-

I am fairly certain there will be safety tests done by airsoftmedicine or other popular airsofters/manufacturers for exactly this type of thing. Once the results from that come out, we can go off of that, or we (TAC) can conduct our own tests supervised by the board. Whether it poses any kind of safety risk, or in the case of direct impact can induce bodily harm, can be easily tested by using the device its self, and targets made of cardboard or something else cheap that can show us the the potential for harm it may or may not have.

My advice for anyone purchasing this before test results are made public-
Bring it to a TAC meeting. The Board can review it after seeing demonstrations/tests made there on the field.

^This

I'll even volunteer to stand right under the impact zone for demo purposes.

The long and short is that it falls under the event creators discretion for now until we see how it works.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby THKInternational on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:38 am

:twisted: hahaha
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby The Honey Badger on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:08 am

I will bring out the kevlar for kiley
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby THKInternational on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:02 pm

TJC10 wrote:I will bring out the kevlar for kiley

double up :lol:
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Gills on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:47 pm

I know this post is a little old, but I found this on weaponblender, the same mortar for 130$ instead of 180$ on the listed site. And there is a demonstration video. That thing gets range.
http://www.weaponblender.com/index.php?productID=2884
USMC
"Your Gods and my Gods-do you or I know which are stronger?"
Gills
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Guns and Gear