Airsoft 70MM mortar

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

Airsoft 70MM mortar

Postby THKInternational on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:15 pm

http://www.airsoftworld.net/hades-arrow-70mm-rocket-mortar-with-two-rockets.html
BAD ASS all I can say. Good to know that its about 200 dollars for everything it comes with. I just want to see what you guys think about this beast product.
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Airsoft 70MM mortar

Postby Gills on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:38 pm

Nice find!
I remember TJC and mcloven were walking about making a homemade mortar. This isn't bad for the price at all. Would love to see one of these in action at a game, bombing the enemy as a goal for the enemy to overcome.
USMC
"Your Gods and my Gods-do you or I know which are stronger?"
Gills
Sergeant

Postby Savage on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:33 am

Hate to be a buzzkill, but those are metal fins. And I don't run around in a helmet and a full mask. So as cool as it may be, I'm going to be very uncomfortable about this falling on my head from 250 feet.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby THKInternational on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:22 am

Savage wrote:Hate to be a buzzkill, but those are metal fins. And I don't run around in a helmet and a full mask. So as cool as it may be, I'm going to be very uncomfortable about this falling on my head from 250 feet.

You really think that the risk of that falling on your head is that high?
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ultimentra on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:23 am

I think the best use for these would be to have them fly overhead of a target, landing just behind it, and have made special rules for the projectile that would count as artillery or something. The main issue here is aiming the thing.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby THKInternational on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:44 pm

ultimentra wrote:I think the best use for these would be to have them fly overhead of a target, landing just behind it, and have made special rules for the projectile that would count as artillery or something. The main issue here is aiming the thing.

Yes but the tube at full exstention lies at 45 degrees. The distance I think would depend on the water charge it says the max distance is 80 meters. SO if the tube is measured in 100ml to 500ml then every 100 ml equals 48 feet about; but, the world isn't perefect and meters dont equal feet. Also what is the real kill radius of a mortar cuz IM BUYING THIS ON THE FIRST!
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby yellow_fever on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:59 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTEfU1LV1ek

These are props, not usable weapons. Sharp, metal fins that break off? No thanks. Use it at a game and someone gets hit by it, you're probably gonna be eating a mortar tube, assuming they don't immediately get taken to hospital. Just sayin'.
When in doubt, call it out.
Savage wrote:Good to know snow camo isn't desert issue anymore.
yellow_fever
Sergeant

Postby The Honey Badger on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:10 pm

THKInternational wrote:
Savage wrote:Hate to be a buzzkill, but those are metal fins. And I don't run around in a helmet and a full mask. So as cool as it may be, I'm going to be very uncomfortable about this falling on my head from 250 feet.

You really think that the risk of that falling on your head is that high?

I do. If it is as accurate as it looks I can lay the tube real close to dead on in a salvo or two
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Savage on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:26 am

Plus, it's a bad idea to let anyone shoot pointy metal at you without hazard pay.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby THKInternational on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:09 am

Savage wrote:Plus, it's a bad idea to let anyone shoot pointy metal at you without hazard pay.

ITS PLASTIC! With a rubber tip!
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Next

Return to Guns and Gear