Blue or Orange... DECIDE!

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

Blue or Orange... DECIDE!

Postby Exarach on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:17 pm

Hi guys, if you were to be launching a rocket to disable a vehicle, would you use blue or orange rockets? Quick responses! Go!
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Re: Blue or Orange... DECIDE!

Postby Exarach on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:44 pm

AH HA!
Too late!!! :lol:

This:

Now shoots these!

Blue FTW
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:05 pm

Yellow goes further and hits harder....FTW ;)
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby Exarach on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:19 pm

IconarmsDealer wrote:Yellow goes further and hits harder....FTW ;)

Maybe in your dreams lol :lol:

The JCS is the best pipe rocket ever designed.

I was getting 300-400 feet on propane half shells.

supposedly over 600-800+ on a C02 long shell, but that seems kinda fishy to me.

Dayton and Danish were smacking rockets out to 700ft with that C02 launcher he has, but I don't know what pressure he was running it at.

I saw Ulti using those foam things you sell, might be up to try some out, but he was having a hell of a time trying to load that.

I just wish I could still find the old solid nose version. I had a few of those back in the day, and they were tons of fun.

BUT! I can put a snap cracker in these! :D

**********OR if ya want. Send someone to the game this weekend with one of those 3 for $10 packs, I will buy it, and will test the rockets together on the spot!
"Friendly fire isn't"

Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby Savage on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:13 pm

C02 expands much more violently than propane. I wouldn't be very surprised to see you scooting around as a mobile piece of artillery in the near future.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby Exarach on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:52 pm

Savage wrote:C02 expands much more violently than propane. I wouldn't be very surprised to see you scooting around as a mobile piece of artillery in the near future.

Win!
"Friendly fire isn't"

Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:05 am

Thats great range,Ulti was not using quality Gas shells. During stalker with proper loading, and a correct gas shell we made a wicked kill from the bunker to the upper ruins on the hill side.The weight of my rounds allow for some very accurate shots.As for hitting hard..they dented my garage door from about 75Feet.
I am not sure how much your finned Rockets weigh, these are heavy at an ounce Wighed with float bowl scale.
We have NOT tried Co2, Im sure these will go further if we did.

Loading: Mine are very tight, and have great seal, I dab of silicon makes for easy loading- I am not 100% fins are as effective with such low velocity A real M203 is about 300>350fps-Your rockets also look long. mine are short enough to fit in even the GP -30, and use longer shells if needed
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby Exarach on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:59 am

IconarmsDealer wrote:Thats great range,Ulti was not using quality Gas shells. During stalker with proper loading, and a correct gas shell we made a wicked kill from the bunker to the upper ruins on the hill side.The weight of my rounds allow for some very accurate shots.As for hitting hard..they dented my garage door from about 75Feet.
I am not sure how much your finned Rockets weigh, these are heavy at an ounce Wighed with float bowl scale.
We have NOT tried Co2, Im sure these will go further if we did.

Loading: Mine are very tight, and have great seal, I dab of silicon makes for easy loading- I am not 100% fins are as effective with such low velocity A real M203 is about 300>350fps-Your rockets also look long. mine are short enough to fit in even the GP -30, and use longer shells if needed

I am still doing tests with these atm, I was actually a little disappointed when I had mine out yesterday. The original 3 rockets by JCS I had, were hard foam solid tip rockets, and they had a nice shiny coat on them that caused those suckers to fly out to ungodly ranges. <--- WHICH you can actually see in the photo i posted, that was taken right from the JCS order page, they are clearly solid blue and shiny. The ones I received are almost purple, a light purple color, and contain no smooth coating what-so-ever. Which irk'd me a little. HOWEVER, these still do knock out to some impressive ranges. Its just that I remember my old JCS rockets going much further with much less....

These hole-nosed models are meant to take a paintball on the nose, so I might get a few rubber balls and try that. I feel with a precision shell, such as the PB4x, with full C02, these rockets will shoot extremely far.

It also seems that these ones are coated in baby powder, which, could be hindering my performance. I am hoping when that wears off, they will form a solidly tight seal. AND with use, will develop that shiny covering.

Still up to buy some of your rockets this weekend if you have any lying around. Even if there used! :D

And before I get totally off the deep end, I am also testing with an EGLM, which has a considerably wider bore, and shorter length than a traditional M203. I am going to do more tests when I get my M203 Long back from Striker, and hope to see much better results.

Srsly tho..... have someone slip me some of your rockets this weekend, I will do video tests and ballistics stuff. maybe we can mix the two and birth a god rocket.
"Friendly fire isn't"

Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby Savage on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:11 am

What kind of smooth coating did your old ones have? I've been casually designing an 'airsoft' sniper rifle that fires, essentially, .25" nerf rockets. Is there any kind of smooth coating out there that 's cheap enough to be used on a disposable round, but flexible enough to flex on impact to minimize damage to the target (and crush and deliver a chalk charge, like a screwhead-sized 40mm training grenade).

I've been tossing this idea at my whiteboard repeatedly, because using what is essentially a beefed up version of a ball of birdshot seems a terrible idea for a precision, non-dangerous, toy gun. (My eventual goal [3-5 years] is to set the range of an exceptional airsoft sniper from 70 yards to 300+. No more BB's. No longer planning to use a .22LR powder charge, so nobody go complaining at me.)

About how much gas is being used to get these ranges from your 40mm nades? 10-15 in^3?
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby Exarach on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:59 am

Savage wrote:What kind of smooth coating did your old ones have? I've been casually designing an 'airsoft' sniper rifle that fires, essentially, .25" nerf rockets. Is there any kind of smooth coating out there that 's cheap enough to be used on a disposable round, but flexible enough to flex on impact to minimize damage to the target (and crush and deliver a chalk charge, like a screwhead-sized 40mm training grenade).

I've been tossing this idea at my whiteboard repeatedly, because using what is essentially a beefed up version of a ball of birdshot seems a terrible idea for a precision, non-dangerous, toy gun. (My eventual goal [3-5 years] is to set the range of an exceptional airsoft sniper from 70 yards to 300+. No more BB's. No longer planning to use a .22LR powder charge, so nobody go complaining at me.)

About how much gas is being used to get these ranges from your 40mm nades? 10-15 in^3?

New max range for as is about 500'
Also, Hunterseeker 5, a massively good tech from ASF is way ahead of you.
his projectiles are already cast, and in testing.
I believe these were standard use by ashai or one of the old gas gun makers too.
Its a good idea if you can get them to load.
"Friendly fire isn't"

Exarach
Master Sergeant

Next

Return to Guns and Gear