Getting back into airsoft, gbbr or aeg?

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

Getting back into airsoft, gbbr or aeg?

Postby onshotonekill18 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:28 am

Hey all,
I am looking into which rifle I want to get and I wanted to see what you guys have to say. I am very interested in the gbbr, specifically the KWA LM4 PTR and the KA M4 gbb. I havent had any experience with gbbr and am curious how they stack up to their AEG counterparts. I have done a fair amount of research online already and have gotten mixed opinions. My main concerns are not having enough/too much fps, lower accuracy/range and reliability in combat situations (drop a mag in dirt on accident and having it stop working). I am primarily interested in mil sim so the recoil is a big draw. I used to own a KWA m4 AEG and absolutely loved it. Thoughts?
onshotonekill18
Recruit

Re: Getting back into airsoft, gbbr or aeg?

Postby Exarach on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:28 pm

That would be AEG lol

If nothing else,
$30+ a mag, for mags that require attention, or $3-5 a mag, for mids that last forever

If you simply want the click, go for a pneumatic AEG
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Re: Getting back into airsoft, gbbr or aeg?

Postby Grinch on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:21 pm

AEG by far. Gas is too temperamental. I used to own the AW338, a high end gas sniper, and it was so hard to get the right mix of propellant. You have to time it out, then factor in weather and other conditions. AEG is easy to use and way more affordable. Please remember though, not always is the price tag reflective on the quality. Don't buy those "Evike" custom AEG's. My two cents.
"I hurt myself today to see if I still feel."
Grinch
Private 1st Class

Return to Guns and Gear