Echo1 Offensive Machine Gun (RPKS)

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

Echo1 Offensive Machine Gun (RPKS)

Postby KileyHAZ on Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:04 am

Yummy. Based on the experience I have seen with the E1 LMG (RPK) I am drooling over this bad boy. Comes with 2 hicap magazines, battery, charger, and shooting 400-410 fps with .20g out of the box.

I just happen to know a guy with a line to the distributor. ;)

http://echo1usa.com/English/index.php?m ... cts_id=693

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Re: Echo1 Offensive Machine Gun (RPKS)

Postby Grinch on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:11 pm

It looks awesome, sounds awesome, but the price is a little high don't you think? I know nothing about RPK's or Ak variants in general.
"I hurt myself today to see if I still feel."
Grinch
Private 1st Class

Postby The Honey Badger on Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Grinch wrote:It looks awesome, sounds awesome, but the price is a little high don't you think? I know nothing about RPK's or Ak variants in general.

I own a Red Star LMG as you all know. I have heard people grumble in fear of it. It simply chops through brush at 15 bps from its stock 200:100 gears and stock ultra-high torque motor. Its powered by a 1800MaH 7.4v LiPo ($9 +/- shipped from Hobby King) and will shoot 12000-15000 rounds before needing to be charged.

I got it from DP for $350 with tax, out the door. It was slightly discounted to me making it just like ordering it from Evike or ASGI. It as absolutely the best airsoft I have owned or likely will own. Simply a re-branded CM052 ($300 for ASGI), it has a stock M130 spring (pushing it to TAC limits). The Red Star also boasts of a Mad Bull 60 degree bucking, reworked finish and a 30 day warranty from Echo 1. The CYMA/Echo 1 RPK is more than capable to shred though brush and make 300 foot shots with no issues.

Other LMG's such as the SRC RPK (not a great build in comparison but still ok for about $250), the CA RPK ($450 if you could find it), or the A+K M249 series (pretty good as far as I can see, $300-$400ish depending on model). The machine gun monsters such as the M60, Stoner, M240, or the PKM are all $450-$600.

The LMG is meant to be a force multiplier for Mid Cap only games such as Lion Claws, Red Storm, Red Dagger, Cold Burn, Outskirts of Grozny, Hill Have Eyes, STALKER, and Western Front to name games over the last few years here in Arizona and in California. The LMG is heavier and more unwieldy than the rifle or SMG. It takes some practice and skill to learn to control a battle field with it. The Machine Gunner is a special role that is filled be a special teammate for these games. Guys like Buffalo, Crono, Clayton, and I fill this roll for our teams.

For those that only play speed/field soft or pick ups with TAC its absolutely not worth it. You are better off with a Combat Machine, an inexpensive CYMA/Dboy AK, or a CYMA MP5 (guns under $150) and Hicaps or Battle Axe magazines with speed gears, high speed motors (picked up out of Ehobby on the cheap) and 11.1v LiPo's from Hobby King.

On a final note, I am so overly impressed with the Red Star LMG that I will replace it as a primary with a Red Star OMG next year and make the LMG a loaner to teammates.

To put it a simple phase, U Like U Buy!!!
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby KileyHAZ on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:40 am

The Honey Badger wrote:
Grinch wrote:It looks awesome, sounds awesome, but the price is a little high don't you think? I know nothing about RPK's or Ak variants in general.

To put it a simple phase, U Like U Buy!!!

U LIKE!? U BUY!

Great mini review. All I have to add is that its the only para RPK (RPKS) I have seen yet in the sport. This is an important distinction for milsim players since modern Russian Spetsnaz and Paratroopers often employ the S and M variants making this a great buy for any Russian Paratrooper impression.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby The Honey Badger on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:58 am

Thanks. Itching to get my own.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Return to Guns and Gear