06/05/2015 AN/PEQ-15 modification project

Pimp my Gun

Moderator: Moderators

06/05/2015 AN/PEQ-15 modification project

Postby The Honey Badger on Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:00 am

I have a lot of batteries, as everyone knows. I am currently using 5 different types to power 5 different guns. I have wanted to change that for some time.

My intent is to trim down the number of types of batteries I need in my inventory, allowing me to A) sell or give away my unneeded batteries and B) place rails (if not already equipped) on all of my front and top wired guns to facilitate the use of a small PEQ box, which in turn will house my Fire Control (HPA) / Burst Wizard (AEG) and a 11.1v 25c 1000mah or 7.4v 40c 1000mah lipo. I ordered one of each and intend to stock up on the one I like. I have made so many orders with Hobbyking they under $5 each with my discount. The 7.4v was under $4.

I bought a tiny PEQ-15 box for $12 from Evike. I have the PEQ box in hand and dremeled it out to make more room. For the battery the usable inner dimensions are 72x18x40 stock. The modified dimensions are 79x20x40. There are two channels on either side of that which are large enough for the my Wolverine stock battery and the FCU to sit together in one side of it. It is likely large enough to fit a Mobius camera in it with the stock 500mah Wolverine battery installed. I may go a size bigger with a PEQ-16 but I am not done with this tiny thing. It will be fully operational on my Wolverine tonight.

I ordered the batteries last night from Hobbyking and I should have them in Monday or Tuesday.

More to come, including pics.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Re: 06/05/2015 AN/PEQ-15 modification project

Postby The Honey Badger on Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:22 am

I got the new batteries in to test out for my tiny PEQ box. The 7.4 was $4.76 and the 11.1 was $5.05. For 10 bucks it was worth a test.

I fully charged them and ran them both on my Echo 1 Covert which has stock 18:1 gears, an M100 spring, and the tried and true CYMA Black and Blue short torque motor.

I am a little disappointed with the 7.4v. It's 40c dump should have been a bit faster than the 14 rps that I got from it on a stock torque motor. The 11.1v, 25c was considerably better at 20 rps. With a Lonex A5 or other (pure) speed motor, it's probably going to be on the "what was I thinking?" side of fast.

Today I will run them on my ICS's Lonex A1 motor with stock 18:1 gears and an M130 (the bigest spring I own) spring.

The Lonex A1 is both a speed and torque motor at 40000 rpm with 4.5 foot pounds of torque. The motor in the Echo 1 Covert is 25000 rpm with 2.9 foot pounds of torque.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Return to Upgrades and Modifications