Motor

Pimp my Gun

Moderator: Moderators

Motor

Postby airsoftguy on Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:33 am

How do you open and rewire a Aeg Motor to change your ROF?
Free body piercing, anywhere any size, if you stand in front of my iron sights.
airsoftguy
Sergeant

Re: Motor

Postby AxisOfOil on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:12 am

airsoftguy wrote:How do you open and rewire a Aeg Motor to change your ROF?

Get a better battery. That's all the information I could tell you when that's all the information you give me. ;)

Type/brand of gun?
Wired to the front or the back?

Are you asking how to mod the actual motor? or just replace it.
I don't know of too many people in airsoft who actually know how to mod a motor... and those of us who do are just going to tell you to look somewhere else. It's a lot of work, and can't be easily explained on a forum.

or Do you want to rewire the gun itself? In that case, are you going to just buy a new wireset? (I recommend this if you don't know what you're doing)
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby lonewolf on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:40 pm

I would agree to just get a higher rating battery voltage wise to achieve higher ROF...opening your motor is labor extensive you have to actually do research on how many turns you have to do it plus upgrading your magnet wires and i heard that using silver magnet is better because of its strong magnetism trait. Search the internet from various forums if your up for it but getting a higher voltage battery is your best option just make sure your internals is in top shape....gud luck modding I will check if I could see the links in rewinding motors... :ugeek:

"He who shed his blood with me shall be my Brother!" - Henry V

lonewolf
Corporal

Postby usafabrad on Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:03 am

If you really want to do this, I would suggest making sure you have enough scratch to buy a replacement motor for your gun. Thre's a very good chance you are going to mess up the one you have. they go for about 50$ online. really not a bad deal for a good upgrade. Be advised though that speed and torque when it comes to motors are inversely related.

A high speed motor can have a better ROF, but it can't turn a stiffer spring. A higher torque motor can turn those stiff springs, but you wont get the same ROF. Upping the battery with either will increase both speed and torque. Anything you do to mod the motor without actually putting in or replacing parts will only change the torque/speed relationship, so you'll be taking a sacrifice in torque and thus pushing power if you manage to mod it sucessfully. Also though, a higher voltage battery will wear out that motor sooner, and strip gears and kill wiring at a higher rate. Not ridiculously so, but that's the price of power.

My suggetion is: just buy a new motor and/or battery.
usafabrad
Private

Postby AxisOfOil on Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:10 am

usafabrad wrote:If you really want to do this, I would suggest making sure you have enough scratch to buy a replacement motor for your gun. Thre's a very good chance you are going to mess up the one you have. they go for about 50$ online. really not a bad deal for a good upgrade. Be advised though that speed and torque when it comes to motors are inversely related.

A high speed motor can have a better ROF, but it can't turn a stiffer spring. A higher torque motor can turn those stiff springs, but you wont get the same ROF. Upping the battery with either will increase both speed and torque. Anything you do to mod the motor without actually putting in or replacing parts will only change the torque/speed relationship, so you'll be taking a sacrifice in torque and thus pushing power if you manage to mod it sucessfully. Also though, a higher voltage battery will wear out that motor sooner, and strip gears and kill wiring at a higher rate. Not ridiculously so, but that's the price of power.

My suggetion is: just buy a new motor and/or battery.

Well, this isn't entirely true. When you get to the higher powered springs that push the limits of the higher speed motors, but still fire, a high torque motor will increase ROF.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Return to Upgrades and Modifications