Looking to up my JG M4's FPS & accuracy

Pimp my Gun

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Looking to up my JG M4's FPS & accuracy

Postby SinfulPain on Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:14 am

The only stuff I need that you have is these:

PCS Concave Spacer and G&P Hop Up Bucking: $20

And I'm looking to get the G&G hop-up bucking, that PCS Concave Spacer, and the KingArms Metal Hopup. I've found nothing but good reviews about the G&G hop-up bucking, and KingArms Metal Hopup so far. I'll look up the rest of the stuff tomorrow, when I have time.

~Brian
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby AxisOfOil on Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:50 am

as for nozzles... they're all about the same. Just get one that is for your type of gun, and is airseal. systema's are good and cheap.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby SinfulPain on Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:16 pm

That King Arms hopup unit is going to be the death of me!

I have to dremel out the hop-up area, so I can get the King Arms one in there. Talk about a pain in the ass! I think I'd rather have just gotten a hopup bucking and a tightbore barrel.

~Brian
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby AxisOfOil on Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:07 pm

SinfulPain wrote:That King Arms hopup unit is going to be the death of me!

I have to dremel out the hop-up area, so I can get the King Arms one in there. Talk about a pain in the ass! I think I'd rather have just gotten a hopup bucking and a tightbore barrel.

~Brian

It doesn't fit in the area that JG has in there? wow... that's tough.
You DID get a new bucking at least to go with it, right?
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby SinfulPain on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:20 pm

AxisOfOil wrote:
SinfulPain wrote:That King Arms hopup unit is going to be the death of me!

~Brian

It doesn't fit in the area that JG has in there? wow... that's tough.
You DID get a new bucking at least to go with it, right?

Yeah, new bucking, new hopup, and new air seal.

I'll take some pics of how the gearbox should sit, and how it actually sits.

I might have to use some epoxy with this mod, to keep the hopup in there properly.

Edit:
I just realized, I could just file the hopup some, to get it to fit in the body. That will guarantee that I can use it with the original hopup, if it doesn't want to cooperate for some reason.

Here's what I'm talking about:

Going from this:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c185/ ... HOPMOD.jpg

to this:

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7378/49482670mr4.jpg

The main thing I'm worried about, is losing structural integrity, if I file back as much of the rib as the 2nd picture.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby SinfulPain on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:02 am

Anyone have an idea on how to keep the hopup from jamming the magazine in the gun when I insert a mag?

Right now, any time I insert a magazine, it ends up getting jammed inside the magwell, and I have to spend like 10 minutes puling the mag down, then pulling the hop-up up, until it releases the magazine.

Edit:

Problem fixed. It was the bloody o-ring that was causing the issue. I think it was sealing TOO well.

Now I have to get my wiring to the motor fixed, and it'll be up and running again. I better get a good increase in accuracy, distance, and at least 15 FPS, especially since the old bucking was cracked.

~Brian
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby SinfulPain on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:46 pm

King Arms hopup = crap with a JG M4. It doesn't let my G&G hicap mag, or my other midcap mags feed at all. That was $35 wasted.

On top of that, if I manually feed a BB into the hopup, it takes 3 shots to get it to exit the bucking. WTF is with that?! I'm ripping that hopup out, and putting my old one in, since apparently the stock one is a lot better (for my gun).
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby AxisOfOil on Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:28 pm

Taking multiple shots to fire is a problem with your bucking... or the hopup is adjusted too high.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby SinfulPain on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:13 pm

AxisOfOil wrote:Taking multiple shots to fire is a problem with your bucking... or the hopup is adjusted too high.

I have adjusted the hopup all over the place, to eliminate that problem, and it still does it. What would the problem with the bucking be? I'd rather avoid dismantling the gun, but I don't have an issue pulling the upper off, and removing the barrel, since that's not that big of a problem. I'd like to only have to figure out how to get it to feed properly, than have a gun that doesn't feed, AND doesn't shoot.

~Brian
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby AxisOfOil on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:03 pm

too hard or installed wrong so that it makes it difficult for your tappet plate spring to push the bb into the barrel.

Also... much much much less likely, but still possible, is that your tappet plate spring could be worn out.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Upgrades and Modifications