m14 ebr flashider removal

Pimp my Gun

Moderator: Moderators

Re: m14 ebr flashider removal

Postby 75thRanger on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:10 pm

Thanks Icon thankfully the magnet didnt stick to the flashhider.
75thRanger
Private 1st Class

Postby usafabrad on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:17 pm

ANY metal with even a hint of ferrous material in it can rust/corrode. stainless, aluminum, titanium, magnesium, and pot-metal based metals will all corrode, just at different rates and in different ways. rust occurs exclusively with ferrous materials, but that doesnt mean that other alloys will not have similar corrosive responses to water. i suggest a hair dryer or some other kind of heating element to weaken the loc-tite, with some kind of tool/ steel piece of metal threaded into the hiders slots for torque, and the rifle held in a vise with a protective cloth or rubber mat to protect the finish.
usafabrad
Private

Postby 75thRanger on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:50 am

Thanks and I will do that if the ebr doesnt sell.
75thRanger
Private 1st Class

Postby 75thRanger on Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:55 pm

Just grinded the flash hider off I was looking at the front assembly last night on the gun and realized that the flash hider is one whole unit with the front iron sights so I had to take off the front sight off with a allen wrench then there was another allen screw that was extremely difficult to get out, so I cut the metal and allen screw off and I twisted the bolt to loosen the front assembly and the whole unit came off.
75thRanger
Private 1st Class

Previous

Return to Upgrades and Modifications