VFC AK74U GEAR BOX REMOVAL

Pimp my Gun

Moderator: Moderators

VFC AK74U GEAR BOX REMOVAL

Postby IconarmsDealer on Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:44 pm

My VFC ak74Un Krinkov is working very well, and even though it was aquired used its still My Favorite. It seemed a bit down on Velocity at GroznyII, so I thought I would freshen it up a bit.
I have looked on Evike and a few Googles but None of the dissasembly Tutorials cover the VFC specificly, and they appear to be a bit diffrent as far as getting the Gear box out.
If you can give me a few pointers on dissasembling the AEG down to the gear box removal , or forward me a link to an instructional Vid thats of the VFC I sure would be a happy camper.

Maintnance: Fresh Cylinder , Cylinder head, Piston Head and Oring M110 Spring
Fully clean internals
Install Tight bore. 6.03mm X 300MM
Cosmetics

Goldleader 49Th Cdo
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Re: VFC AK74U GEAR BOX REMOVAL

Postby SinfulPain on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:42 pm

Have you tried using regular BB's in it again? I and several of my teammates were having FPS/feeding problems at the game, too, but once we got home, and tossed in some regular BB's, everything worked 100% again.

Beyond that, I don't know what to do.

~Brian
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby azsworst on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:38 pm

About as easy as gearbox removal gets.

Step 1:
Take bolt/guide-rod out.

Step 2:
Your selecter lever has a 'cap' on it. Use pliers or a feild tool to screw it off. There will be a circular grey peice, and a small brass tube. Keep an eye on them and don't lose them unless you like fabricating.

Step 3:
Unscrew the screw in your pistol grip

Step 4:
Right were your hop-up is, is a small l-shaped plastic peice. Take it out by lifting upwards.

Step 5:
Push hop-up unit/inner barrel further into outer barrel. Lift gearbox out...voila!

If anything is unclear just let me know.
TAC 2009 Shooters Competition: I came, I saw.....I conqured
I am like the old puma, I will sit and wait a long ass time for you to RUN by then jump you from behind and bam your my diner.........
azsworst
Executive Advisor

Postby AxisOfOil on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:19 am

It is also helpful to push your nozzle back if the gearbox last cycled into a position where the nozzle is forward.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:44 am

SinfulPain wrote:Have you tried using regular BB's in it again? I and several of my teammates were having FPS/feeding problems at the game, too, but once we got home, and tossed in some regular BB's, everything worked 100% again.

Beyond that, I don't know what to do.

~Brian

I had no feeding issues. These VFC guns [mine anyway] work great! I was using .25G Mad Bull Bio's. I dont know what they loaded for Chrono checks.
My concern is really just a preventive measure.
Clean and inspect Gearbox. Clean and lube
Seal up any air leaks is they exsist. And perhaps a better barrel and a slightly higher Spring.
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby IconarmsDealer on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:46 am

azsworst wrote:About as easy as gearbox removal gets.

Step 1:
Take bolt/guide-rod out.

Step 2:
Your selecter lever has a 'cap' on it. Use pliers or a feild tool to screw it off. There will be a circular grey peice, and a small brass tube. Keep an eye on them and don't lose them unless you like fabricating.

Step 3:
Unscrew the screw in your pistol grip

Step 4:
Right were your hop-up is, is a small l-shaped plastic peice. Take it out by lifting upwards.

Step 5:
Push hop-up unit/inner barrel further into outer barrel. Lift gearbox out...voila!

If anything is unclear just let me know.

This is the exact reply I was hoping for! Thanks AZ.
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Return to Upgrades and Modifications