UTG shadow ops sniper rifle upgrades

Pimp my Gun

Moderator: Moderators

UTG shadow ops sniper rifle upgrades

Postby Snake Eater on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:06 pm

Hey folks I spoke with crono0001 About upgrading this thing. I can provide parts and cash for labor I just need to know what to do to get more range out of this thing. Its 100% stock and goes pretty good but atm I believe my fps is in the 360-380 zone. I need some more ummph so I can snag those farther targets.
Snake Eater
Recruit

Re: UTG shadow ops sniper rifle upgrades

Postby azsworst on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:15 pm

What exactly are you looking to upgrade? Piston/cylinder set? Barrel/hop up? I'm assuming it's a vsr clone?
TAC 2009 Shooters Competition: I came, I saw.....I conqured
I am like the old puma, I will sit and wait a long ass time for you to RUN by then jump you from behind and bam your my diner.........
azsworst
Executive Advisor

Postby Snake Eater on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:19 pm

not sure what i need to upgrade. Spring for sure. Image this is rifle itself. probably the hop setup as well. I dunno really not sure pretty new to the sport. barrel as well, I just want to be able to reach out and touch some of these aeg players.
Snake Eater
Recruit

Postby Exarach on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:40 pm

A tightbore is a great place to start. Minimal FPS increase, better groupings, increased effective range and accuracy.
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby Crono0001 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:02 pm

Beat me to it haha.

Range:
By far the cheapest upgrade you can get is a hop up bucking and nub. Doing so will increase your range dramatically, and it'll also get you some accuracy. Buckings run about 5-7 bucks, and a good nub is like 5 bucks as well.

As Exarach said, a tightbore is one of the cheapest and most effective upgrades you can get for a sniper. It somewhat increases FPS, but gives you range and accuracy. The consistency with a good tight bore will be worlds apart from your stock barrel.

Now if you want some more power:
The next thing that you could do (which I did), was upgrade the spring and things inside the cylinder. The spring will make your rifle shoot stronger, allowing you to shoot heavier bullets and get some range. If I'm not mistaken, your rifle takes APS2 parts (?), which means you can use the Echo 1 ASR upgrade kit, which includes a spring, piston, and spring guide for a really cheap price. Someone may have to correct me on that. A stronger piston is needed to take your stronger spring.

I also believe you'll need to upgrade the sears if you want to go with a higher FPS spring. I don't believe your stock sears will take a stronger spring, and it'll need changing in good time.

I'll get some links from ASGI/Evike when I'm done with homework. I have like 7 chemical modeling problems due in about 10 hours, and they take about an hour to do each problem. I took 50mg of benadryll after today's game to get rid of the allergies and it knocked me out.
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby Snake Eater on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:07 pm

ah no worries man. Thanks for the advice ill pick up all those parts this week.
Snake Eater
Recruit

Postby Savage on Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:15 pm

As far as hopups go, I very highly recommended a KWA 2GX hopup bucking and a standard cylinder nub. The downside is you'll need to keep your FPS below 400 to get the best results from it. Add in a tightbore and barrel spacers and you'll be set.

I also have a spare tightbore I'd be willing to get to you for cheap, it's a 610MM length and either 6.01 or 6.03 diamater.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby Snake Eater on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:13 pm

awesome Hit me up in pm with price ect.
Snake Eater
Recruit

Return to Upgrades and Modifications