TRACER UNITS

Pimp my Gun

Moderator: Moderators

TRACER UNITS

Postby IconarmsDealer on Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:37 am

Anyone have a tracer unit? If so , can you share with those of us who do not how they work..I mean by that the quality, Do the BBs glow pretty well. The BBs with Glow are there any decent quality of bbs... Has anyone fired these under black light conditions. see as Murhpys laws of combat state "Tracers work both ways"
My thought was that IF you were to take the time to load a mid cap Mag in the staggers 4-1 ratio they might be pretty cool, as well as if you loaded the last 20 in you mag than you would know that you were about to go dry...
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Re: TRACER UNITS

Postby firebert on Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:46 am

I have the old version of the TM tracer. It has a sensor that every time a bbs passes through it sets of a set of mini strobes inside the unit that charge the bb. As far as how they shoot its still more up to the bb and not the tracer. There are also Mag tracer units that have an led light in the mag and it charges the bb as it goes into the gun. I have heard they don't work quite as well but if you don't want a silencer on your gun it is a good option. As far as loading ever 4th I have thought about it as well. I haven't had very many chances to actually use my tracer so I haven't tried yet. I honestly usually forget to bring it. ;)
firebert
Private

Postby BIO on Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:46 pm

I have a G&P M-4 tracer mag/130 rounds.
It works well,the only problem I have encountered with it, is the plunger on the top of the mag that doesn't always get seated when the mag is inserted,so i installed a small hose plug to make up the space.The plunger turns the led on when the mag is inserted.
I have staggered them,but with only 1 mag it isn't effective on the field.I mix tracer BB's with standards.
It sure is one hell of a light show.
BIO
TAC Treasurer

Postby Tank8991 on Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:40 am

I watched Ryan at the field with his tracer set up....OH MY GOD, I gotta get that set up!!!!! Not only does the uv barrel light fire like a muzzle flash but the tracer rounds glow like crazy and the ricochet rounds flying every which way was an amazing light show.
Death to all who oppose me for I am power made flesh. Come, face me, and see how weak you truly are.....
Tank8991
Private

Return to Upgrades and Modifications