Ares TAR 21

Pimp my Gun

Moderator: Moderators

Ares TAR 21

Postby Cheese on Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:09 pm

I'm considering getting the TAR 21 (w/ rails) and almost every site I've read has said that the stock air nozzle, and sometimes the piston, need to be replaced as soon as you can do so. I've also read that the gear box is a heck of a pain to disassemble, but I'm wondering whether I should pay for the extra service on Evike or if I should just look up a guide for it and do it for the experience. Another dilemma is I've never actually had to select the upgrade parts before, myself. So, which air nozzle and or piston would you guys suggest for a modified version 2 gearbox?
Cheese
Private

Re: Ares TAR 21

Postby mahabra695 on Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:35 pm

I was considering getting one too, but I asked ASGI what parts are proprietary and they sent me a list of parts. One of them being the air nozzle.
mahabra695
Sergeant

Postby buddha23861 on Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:57 am

If you never worked on a gear box before I would say no and have and expert do it! There are a couple of people on town that are good with Gearbox's and there is also couple of store's in PHX that can do it too. If you do it yourself with no experiance then you risk the change of damaging the gearbox.
buddha23861
Executive Advisor

Postby Cheese on Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:32 am

Luckily, a friend of mine who works on people's guns told me he'd install some parts for me. So, I'll have him do it, and see if he can teach me a bit about gearboxes. I could also probably experiment with my soon-to-be spare gun.
Cheese
Private

Postby SinfulPain on Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:14 pm

I've been reading up on it some, and it's looking like the ONLY non-proprietary thing there is, is the motor, and the barrel, hopup bucking, and nub.

Sounds like something Ares likes to do (my L96 is the same way. Proprietary magazine, and everything).

~Brian
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby Cheese on Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:02 am

Clever for their wallets, rage-tastic for their customers.... Would be even MORE clever if they kept stores supplied with spare parts.
Cheese
Private

Return to Upgrades and Modifications