Someone near east side with a chrono? (pertains to upgrades)

Pimp my Gun

Moderator: Moderators

Someone near east side with a chrono? (pertains to upgrades)

Postby SinfulPain on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:06 am

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if anyone that lives near the east side has a chronograph that I can use (I don't need to take it home. I can use it at your place. Just need to run an average FPS test), to test what my Ares L96 (gas) is running, so I know which bucking I should buy for it. I'm looking at the Prommy hard/soft, but the hard supposedly requires 500+FPS for it to work properly. I don't want to have to spend $34 on both, and only need one. I'm kinda strapped for cash right now, so it's a tossup. If it weren't for having to buy all new seals (just wanna make sure that the gun has the best seals it can have), I wouldn't mind spending the $.

I do know that once I switch to HPA, I will be needing the hard bucking (going to be raising it to TAC limits). So should I just wait until I get the HPA setup, and then get the hard bucking, or just bite the bullet, and get it now, along with the soft? Worst case, I can always toss the soft in my p90 later.

~Brian
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Re: Someone near east side with a chrono? (pertains to upgrades)

Postby ben on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 am

you need hard for 400+ fps the Ares L96 is 400+ more like 450-550+ fps so just get the hard
ben
TAC Vice President

Re: Someone near east side with a chrono? (pertains to upgrades)

Postby SinfulPain on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:46 pm

Everywhere I've been reading about the Prometheus hard has been saying 500+ for it, and below 500, to use the soft.

I ended up buying both, anyways, because I found out I have an extra $100 coming for birthday money, so that'll be tossed into the HPA fund. I'll just toss the soft into my P90, after upgrading the L96 to HPA.

~Brian
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Return to Upgrades and Modifications