Hop up buckings Vs FPS

Pimp my Gun

Moderator: Moderators

Hop up buckings Vs FPS

Postby IconarmsDealer on Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:56 am

I see that there are several grades of rubber used for hop Up buckings. Is there a base line recomendation for using hard , med, soft with certain FPS set ups? to be clear, What Im asking is if the gun fires at XXXX Fps should we use hard ,soft, med per given Velocity?
Note Im not asking about BRANDS just density
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Re: Hop up buckings Vs FPS

Postby AlexDean on Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:19 pm

i am not sure but i think the density just portrays how much abuse it can take. lighter density plastic wears off easier than harder yes?
Here I sit all broken hearted; came to poop and only farted.
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Postby mahabra695 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:03 pm

If your shooting 375fps or over, I would use a hard bucking. Anything less a soft or medium bucking.
mahabra695
Sergeant

Postby ryukensfj on Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:06 pm

In general I would use these guidelines... Hard = 430+fps, Soft = < 400 fps, and Med = in between but I would usually just choose between soft and hard. Soft has the best accuracy but doesn't last as long as hard. But with high fps guns the soft bucking will be ripped. Personally I think soft buckings are the best for AEGs that are within TAC rules.
ryukensfj
Corporal

Postby AxisOfOil on Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:09 am

I use a g&g green bucking for everything. Works very well for low and high fps, and everywhere in between.

It's softer than a lot of the "soft" buckings I've seen, but tougher than all but the hardest.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby SinfulPain on Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:32 pm

ryukensfj wrote:In general I would use these guidelines... Hard = 430+fps, Soft = < 400 fps, and Med = in between but I would usually just choose between soft and hard. Soft has the best accuracy but doesn't last as long as hard. But with high fps guns the soft bucking will be ripped. Personally I think soft buckings are the best for AEGs that are within TAC rules.

There's one exception I've found to that, and it's the Prometheus buckings. Everywhere I've read has said 500fps and lower for the soft, and above 500, to use the hard. *THIS APPLIES TO ONLY THE PROMETHEUS BUCKINGS*

I have a G&G green in my M4, and its accuracy went up a lot over the stock one. If you're shooting anything under 430 fps, use the G&G green.

~Brian
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby AxisOfOil on Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:52 pm

SinfulPain wrote:
I have a G&G green in my M4, and its accuracy went up a lot over the stock one. If you're shooting anything under 430 fps, use the G&G green.

~Brian

I use them for ~600 fps guns as well. Last a little 15k-20k rounds at that power level.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Return to Upgrades and Modifications