Building a new M4

Pimp my Gun

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Building a new M4

Postby mahabra695 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:11 pm

The CA X Series shoot around 400fps.
They are very similar to VFC's E Series. Same concept basically, bolt catch, around 20rps on a lipo, 400fps, metal, etc.
mahabra695
Sergeant

Postby mahabra695 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:14 pm

TJC10 wrote: and sport, 390 fps

Hm. When I had my CA sportline a few years ago it came in at 330ish fps, guess they updated them.
mahabra695
Sergeant

Postby quadro on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:40 pm

All CA x series come stock shooting 400fps+. I changed the spring because I found with my set up it is most accurate right at TAC limits (376 w/ .25). I believe kiley's x series cam shooting over 420fps w/ .20.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Harold R. McAlindon

quadro
Executive Advisor

Postby The Honey Badger on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:08 pm

I read that most of the top end clones got upgraded gear boxes in mid 2010 to match what KWA was doing.

Watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngs9K10rFCg&feature=player_embedded#!
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby mahabra695 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:32 pm

Honestly, all guns will break eventually. There is no denying that. What matters is longevity. My KWA lasted about 9 months before I actually had to buy replacement parts for it. G&Gs seem to also last a long time, as well as SRC. It also seems like the new CAs are pretty reliable, I shouldve bought one over my VFC. Out of all of those, I would say the best platforms for upgrading are CAs and G&Gs.
mahabra695
Sergeant

Postby The Honey Badger on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:34 pm

^ best interchangability
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Exarach on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:04 pm

mahabra695 wrote:Honestly, all guns will break eventually. There is no denying that. What matters is longevity. My KWA lasted about 9 months before I actually had to buy replacement parts for it. G&Gs seem to also last a long time, as well as SRC. It also seems like the new CAs are pretty reliable, I shouldve bought one over my VFC. Out of all of those, I would say the best platforms for upgrading are CAs and G&Gs.

My E1 original M4 and M16 are going on 5-6 years. Greybody series had UNDENIABLY good parts, but these were really early E1's. All original parts, 350 FPS, 18BPS.

My 1st G&P is going on a year owned by me, but the model has been used since 2005. Still all original parts.
26bps, 380fps on a 9.6.

I WISH new rifles had the expectancy of the older carbines, I have had much better luck buying older, all original rifles, if a gun survives its first year of combat, no issues, its usually a good sign for longevity.

Pick up an old CA proline for cheap, leave it be, and your set. Pick up a used G&P, one of the older solid ones, and your set.

I just got the new MAGPUl MOE Carbine by G&P, and I can definitely say it is different in terms of internals, then the old/Classic G&P series. Will keep everyone update on how the MOE holds up though.
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby KingRat on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:18 pm

Wow, thanks for the excellent replies!

So far, I'm really sold on the CA X series.
I might go that route, pick up a long tight bore and a barrel extension.
I'm going to have to re-read this post and a few others. I'm open to all suggestions.

I probably should have previous noted that the quality is a big deciding factor. (it seems that was the included response in most of the posts).
I know theses guns will all require upkeep of one sort or another.

Thanks again crew!
KingRat
KingRat
Recruit

Postby KingRat on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:23 pm

KingRat
Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Upgrades and Modifications