TM Mk23 Upgrade Parts

Pimp my Gun

Moderator: Moderators

TM Mk23 Upgrade Parts

Postby Charlie Zulu on Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:14 pm

The other day I was fortunate enough to find somebody willing to sell their TM Mk23, which is perfect for my sniper loadout since I have a hard time concealing position with my primary's muzzle report. Before I start using it though, I have a major concern that needs addressing. The hop "arm" (not really sure what to call it tbh) that sits over the bucking is made of what seems to be thin aluminum, and I've heard horror stories of this piece bending over time and causing loss of accuracy and range. Somebody on ASF recommended that this piece just be machined out of something stronger like stainless steel, but that leads to the question: does anybody know of a machine shop in Tucson that can do this? It's a small piece and I'd only need one or two to last the lifetime of the gun, and being new here I don't know if any of the local shops would take on a job like this.
Charlie Zulu
Recruit

Re: TM Mk23 Upgrade Parts

Postby KileyHAZ on Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:08 am

I don't know of any off hand. I usually have a team mate do my custom machining work but he no longer frequents here...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Crono0001 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:26 pm

Mr. G is your best bet
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby Charlie Zulu on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:40 am

Excuse my naivety, but Mr. G? I'm not sure who that is :? How would I go about getting a hold of him?
Charlie Zulu
Recruit

Postby The Honey Badger on Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:09 am

Mr. Galikanokus... here or on the field. He don't answer quickly because of work. Best time to talk to him is at pick ups or events.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Charlie Zulu on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:43 pm

Thanks for the reference! After some digging around on Hong Kong sites, I actually managed to find some of the parts I've been looking for (recoil guide rod, high flow valve, inner barrel). There are three different high flow valves available for the mk23 though, and I'm not sure if they're even different from each other.

Firefly Power Valve
KM TN Giga Valve
First Factory High Flow Valve

Does anybody have experience with these, and is there even a difference between them?
Charlie Zulu
Recruit

Return to Upgrades and Modifications