G&G M4 upgrade inquiries

Pimp my Gun

Moderator: Moderators

G&G M4 upgrade inquiries

Postby Julian on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:06 pm

Hey TAC,

So you guys helped me a lot when I previously managed to get my gun working with with an M120 spring and hitorque motor. The gun shot great until the new spring managed to tear up my piston, piston head, and cylinder head real bad.

With these parts replaced the gun should be fully upgraded (for what I want it to do) and NOT break. All of the internals I've chosen are the following:

Cylinder head:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=3294

Piston:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_review ... ts_id=1636

Piston head:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_review ... cts_id=150

Do these parts look like they'd hold up well with a M120 spring? It totally annihilated the stock piston head and also chewed the piston up fairly well. I picked the polycarb piston because it has great reviews on ASGI. Anyone have a better suggestion(s)?

I also have determined that I definitely need a Sorbothane pad to prevent the piston head/cylinder head (both metal)'s impact from destroying my gearbox housing. Does anyone know where to obtain these cheaply? only found one site that sold ONE pad for $8 which is a ripoff. I'd love it if I could buy it off of someone locally.

Thanks,

-Julian
Julian
Private 1st Class

Re: G&G M4 upgrade inquiries

Postby quadro on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:59 pm

All those parts should work well. I don't think you will need the sorbothane though. I have been running m120-m135 springs for four years and only had one box crack on me. The one that did fail did so because it was an original CA that had seen more use than all my other guns combined.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Harold R. McAlindon

quadro
Executive Advisor

Postby mahabra695 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:10 pm

mahabra695
Sergeant

Postby The Honey Badger on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:32 pm

im with mahabra. especially the piston. get steel teeth.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Julian on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:45 pm

Thanks for the replies guys,

quadro: good to hear the gearbox will probably hold up to this stress well. I may or may not end up doing a sorobothane pad just because it's not going to be a very expensive preventative and will also quiet the gun down...we'll see.

mahabra: those parts are quite inexpensive and if you say they ship fast I believe ya...but I strongly believe you get what you pay for in terms of airsoft parts. I'm not sure I can be comfortable with putting another plastic piston head in that gun. The spring seriously chewed the last one up so bad that my gun was shooting it out in pieces.

good to know about the steel teeth though, I'll be sure to get one that is steel toothed and solid.
Julian
Private 1st Class

Postby mahabra695 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:02 pm

SHS parts are known for their durability. Watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh-uQDdhWpw
He was using a short-stroked SHS piston in that build.
That cylinder head I *linked* is metal. I have one in my gun right now and it gets a fantastic seal.
Last edited by mahabra695 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mahabra695
Sergeant

Postby MusicMan on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:08 pm

Mahabra has got what you need if your doing a m120. the steel teethed poly piston is perfect for what your looking for, the piston head really doesn't make a difference in my experience, just want it to have a good seal. that cylinder head also looks like it has built in sorbo pads.

Also since your already inside the gun, reshim, relube, and if you don't already you should toss in a tightbore.
Echo1 AKM 47 // Cyma RPK 74 // Cyma Glock 18c // KWA Glock 19
MusicMan
Sergeant

Postby Zerloth on Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:12 am

those look fine except for the piston..., ide suggest getting a metal tooth piston just to save you in the future from replacing it.....ive been using the same matrix metal tooth piston for all my guns. Doesnt have to be matrix, just metal tooth..
Zerloth
Recruit

Postby Exarach on Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:43 pm

Zerloth wrote:those look fine except for the piston..., ide suggest getting a metal tooth piston just to save you in the future from replacing it.....ive been using the same matrix metal tooth piston for all my guns. Doesnt have to be matrix, just metal tooth..

Wow, another post count troll. Just what we need.

Happy Easter!!

and remember, when you necro post and rank post, everyone starts to see what you are!

"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Return to Upgrades and Modifications