Javalin M4 GB swap

Pimp my Gun

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Javalin M4 GB swap

Postby Gills on Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:55 pm

Julian wrote: lol...buying a working gun and just leaving it the hell alone is a pretty solid route to take.

+1. I saw this microswitch gearbox and I didnt like the look of it at all. Its an uber cheap Chinese gearbox, witch will give you much more hassle than its worth. I can see the shell snaping with its stock spring.
I like the Ares m4 that has the quick spring change feature and metal body if your die hard for that feature.
USMC
"Your Gods and my Gods-do you or I know which are stronger?"
Gills
Sergeant

Postby T3hl33tn00b on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:16 pm

The Gearbox isn't plastic, its metal. From most of the reviews I have seen, its actually built pretty well too. I got the Javalin Gearbox working again(actually, I didn't do anything, it just started working right for once) so I'm sticking with it until it decides to start back-spinning again. Once that happens, I'm probably going to give the quick change gearbox a go, even if it sucks, it will be cool to see how it works.
T3hl33tn00b
Master Sergeant

Postby quadro on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:53 pm

T3hl33tn00b wrote:The Gearbox isn't plastic, its metal. From most of the reviews I have seen, its actually built pretty well too. I got the Javalin Gearbox working again(actually, I didn't do anything, it just started working right for once) so I'm sticking with it until it decides to start back-spinning again. Once that happens, I'm probably going to give the quick change gearbox a go, even if it sucks, it will be cool to see how it works.

Next time the motor starts backspinning readjust your motor height. Most of the time it is too far out and can't keep enough tension to hold the spring. I've had this happen to a few guns of mine.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Harold R. McAlindon

quadro
Executive Advisor

Postby T3hl33tn00b on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:53 pm

I have, if I adjust it any farther in, it wont turn at all, any farther out, and it free spins. I think the grip is out of spec, but I cant afford to replace it right now.
T3hl33tn00b
Master Sergeant

Previous

Return to Upgrades and Modifications