ECHO-1 MODS AND STOCK FIX

Pimp my Gun

Moderator: Moderators

ECHO-1 MODS AND STOCK FIX

Postby IconarmsDealer on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:26 pm

Here a few pictures and brief description of a few mods I made to The ECHO -! VGM Ak47.
http://s454.photobucket.com/albums/qq26 ... AK%20MODS/
The AEG started out to be a pretty nice shooter. Lots of steel parts. The Solid side fold stock was well built, but the Locking mechanism was weak. It did not stay folded in the transport position, and was a bit wobbly when extended. The Dust cover was the smooth old Soviet style, and the front furniture was poly. Over all a very well built replica. With discounts I was into it for $180.00
It had red star trade/Echo -1 (no vector arms thank goodness), and caliber marking of 7.62 x39MM making this an AKM47
Stock these have an M120 . My first problem came at OpWestern front. I found in mid fire fight that some of my Mags would NOT fit, and snapped the front lip right off. My fault for not checking,
Then I began to get random runs of miss fires on FA setting. Later I did find a few dirty mags, but I felt it was my use of a Li-po. The 11.1v Just cycled the gear box too fast , The mags would stumble..
First thing I did was inspect the Plastic hop-up- I found a few Burrs I removed these and opened up the feed area, and polished the inside with a plastic polish.
A test fire indicated that this helped a lot, but still a few dry fires.
I opened the gear box, installed a long duration sector clip, O-ring nozzle, piston with full metal gears strip, and an M130 spring. Last an AIM 509MMx6.03 stainless steel barrel. It extends about 10mm past the end of the barrel, but is barely noticeable inside the opening in the muzzle break.
The gun runs great now, and will be my base platform for the GP30 Grenade launcher .
I addressed the cosmetics, by installing a REAL STEEL front stock, I have not yet found the gas tube wood.
I also installed a stamped steel, New style Ribbed dust cover. Made by “accuracy pneumatics” it fits very nice. In an attempt to improve the Butt stock I purchased a Metal skeleton side fold stock. Made by the same company. While the stock is very well made the locking section is junk, and fits very poorly. It may fit better on other brands, but not this Echo -1. I was about to send it back, but I really like they way it looks. As the AEG is seldom fired when folded, and as this is going to have a Nade launcher installed I decided to fix it in the open position.
I first made a card sock template of a fixing bracket, made sure it fit, then fabricated one from shim stock, and folded it. After a test fit I welded it to the back of the receiver and the stock. I let my 12 year old weld it, and then touched it up with a file. Final step was a shot of epoxy gun coating.
The stock is now fixed in the open position. Solid! Keep in mind this is a permanent modification, and can only be done with steel receivers.
The next step is anew Hop up and a GP30- more to follow
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Re: ECHO-1 MODS AND STOCK FIX

Postby Savage on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:08 pm

You might not like the lack of a wooden upper handguard, but that looks preeeeeetty sweet. The only issue I saw with your hopup when you loaned her to me was the knob of the hopup slide and the charging handle didn't play nice together.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Return to Upgrades and Modifications