REAPS?

Pimp my Gun

Moderator: Moderators

REAPS?

Postby NHtucsonaz on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:17 am

not sure whos seen this, any one already have it?
http://youtu.be/TvPtqMpF6sw
NHtucsonaz
Sergeant

Re: REAPS?

Postby Exarach on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:44 pm

Been there....bought that....
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby Savage on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:58 pm

I'll be combining one of the AEG nubs with a TK rifled barrel and an M100 in the near future. Beyond that, I'd expect KWA2GX buckings and Angel Custom buckings to do the same.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby Gills on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:32 pm

LoL... Extend your range... to infinity.
USMC
"Your Gods and my Gods-do you or I know which are stronger?"
Gills
Sergeant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:16 pm

Savage wrote:I'll be combining one of the AEG nubs with a TK rifled barrel and an M100 in the near future. Beyond that, I'd expect KWA2GX buckings and Angel Custom buckings to do the same.

What is the purpose of a rifled barrle to fire a hard smooth BB? The Hop up already imparts a back spin on the BB.
The BB being hard, smooth and a smaller than the bore will not be gripped by these rifling.
So how does this help? School me! :D
A rifle /pistol Bullet is forced** through the barrel, and is spun by the Twist of the lands and groves. The faster the spin the heavier the Bullet needs to be.

** for those who are not Gun folks A bullet will not drop through a real steel Gun barrel in the same way a BB will drop through an AEG barrel. any one who has ever had a squib round[bullet didnt make it out the barrel] will tell you it needs the be hammered out the other end with a Squib rod and hammer.
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby Crono0001 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:44 am

IconarmsDealer wrote:
Savage wrote:I'll be combining one of the AEG nubs with a TK rifled barrel and an M100 in the near future. Beyond that, I'd expect KWA2GX buckings and Angel Custom buckings to do the same.

What is the purpose of a rifled barrle to fire a hard smooth BB? The Hop up already imparts a back spin on the BB.
The BB being hard, smooth and a smaller than the bore will not be gripped by these rifling.
A rifle /pistol Bullet is forced** through the barrel, and is spun by the Twist of the lands and groves. The faster the spin the heavier the Bullet needs to be.

** for those who are not Gun folks A bullet will not drop through a real steel Gun barrel in the same way a BB will drop through an AEG barrel. any one who has ever had a squib round[bullet didnt make it out the barrel] will tell you it needs the be hammered out the other end with a Squib rod and hammer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angular_momentum
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:35 am

Crono0001 wrote:
IconarmsDealer wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angular_momentum

That means zero to me! Some of you Egg heads might get it. Iz is Sewped I guess! ;)

I understand the effect of the hop up and its effect on the BBs flight. When Smooth bore rifles were loaded they used a ball and patch. The Soldier had to exert force to seat the Ball and patch. While I am sure the Ball rotated after leaving the muzzle it was not spun by barrel contact, but rather spun by its passage through the air and enertia. In a rolling motion. When they changed to A rifled Bore the shape of the Projectile also changed to a Bullet shaped/cone.AKA a Mini ball. It spun the projectile along its long axis, to stablize it in flight and give range and accuracy. If you have ever looked at a spent projectile you will see grooves cut into it by the riflings.
My question is simple:
How does a rifled Barrel improve the range and or accuracy of a smooth hard round BB that is smaller than the bore?
Looking at it I would think it would allow Air to pass around the BB and lose velocity. If the BB has back spin, and IF the rifling did impart spin, would it not have to over come or slow the Back spin before the rifling even took effect?
This sounds like a Marketing ploy to me.

Do you own a BB/Pellet gun with a rifled Bore .177 cal? at Ten meters (olympic range 39Ft +/-)
Fire a hard Copper plated BB. see where it hits
Now fire a soft lead Pellet that engages the rifling...see where it hits.
If its a pump gun be sure to use the same number of pumps, and allow the gun to cool down between each shot to insure you have the same starting conditions. My bet is while you will hit the target with both the BB and the pellet .The Pellet will be more accurate and consistant in performance. or.......

.....12Ga Rifled slug barrel. 25<50 yards
Fire a slug and see where it hits
Fire a 0000 Buck shot from same gun. see where the Pellets hit......If they hit the target at all the pattern will be large as the spin opens the pattern as the shot and wad leave the barrel.
Hey Crono Post up somthing that we dont have to channel Einstein to decipher :lol:

I would put my money on a quality Hop up bucking, and a 6.01 Tight bore, as long as your gun and gear box will handle.
My CA Mp5 Has an extended Tight bore... I think you have seen that one Savage :twisted:
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby Savage on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:54 pm

The rifled barrels function is essentially the same as packing a load of buckshot in powder, or a sabot around a slug. When you send a round down a tightbore barrel, even in perfect circumstance, the BB will bounce and rattle and drag off of all sides, and this will decrease accuracy.
With rifled barrels, the BB will 'surf' down the barrel on a pad of air. So instead of bouncing off of the sides of the barrel, and leaving the gun at some tiny angle, with tiny FPS changes, it consistently leaves the barrel at the same angle, with very consistent FPS. The end result is that you get an average extension to your effective range of 10~15 yards. Some users with VSR-10's claim 20+.

The downside, is that they still require hopups. So you still need to hold your rifle perfectly vertical. Also, you need a lower powered spring. The force from an M110, M120, is simply too violent to allow the barrel to create the wave that the BB surfs.

Essentially, I figured that if I could combine a REAPS hopup (Supposed to give a 10~15 yard range increase, with heavy ammo) and a rifled barrel, I could either have a much thinner wallet, or a very, very scary AEG. Bonus points went to my FAL hopup, wich is extremely sensitive on adjustment, and holds rock solid when I want it to. (even without a special setup, I can get a flatline fire angle to simply preposterous ranges already. Just had an awful bucking last I took her out.)

The standard tightbore/hopup is so common is because it allows you to use much, much higher FPS setups. With a rifled bore, you're stuck at 330-335 fps, or you lose function. If you loose that function, you just have low FPS and a funny barrel.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby Crono0001 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:46 am

You spiral a football when you throw it
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:54 am

Crono0001 wrote:You spiral a football when you throw it

I understand the function of rifling, I understant that when you throw a football (correctly) it spirals, and thus goes further. But it is not round.
Sprialing a basket ball would do nothing.

I understand what Savage says, but I doubt the data.
In my 6.01 Tight bore there is very very limited room for the BB to bounce inside
So I will conduct a test this weekind:
Two 177Cal BB/Pellet guns.
One smooth bore
One rifled.

Will fire Hard copper plated BB through both
Will fire Lead Pellet through both
I will post full detail
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Next

Return to Upgrades and Modifications