Spring Advice

Pimp my Gun

Moderator: Moderators

Spring Advice

Postby Grinch on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:55 pm

I am looking at throwing a systema bore up kit into my zombie killer, just because it's laying around. That being said, should I downgrade the gearbox so it doesn't crack or should I leave the spring alone? I was thinking downgrade and then put a 6.03 or a 6.01 into it. then of course a suppressor to hide it all. I haven't decided, any advice bros?

EDIT: Don't say return it, I already tried and it was a no go. Evike sent me a brand new one, I already asked for store credit.
"I hurt myself today to see if I still feel."
Grinch
Private 1st Class

Re: Spring Advice

Postby The Honey Badger on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:52 pm

That little gun is fine. Everyone goes, yuck at Matrix but many of them have CYMA's, DBoys, Echo 1's and such which is the same thing. The Zombie Killer is supposed to have an enhanced/reinforced gearbox and is supposed to be able to take pressures from a 130 to 140 spring. This I wouldn't try... However, keeping a 120 in it and adding a couple small upgrades to it should enhance your reach and make it a good field gun. Don't get me wrong, it will fail. Main land China's V2 gearboxes blow and I have seen several fail in my short time in this hobby. Crono's DBoys failed catastrophically and blew apart a couple years ago.

I would knock off the flash hider and add a long extension, like this one:
http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_142&products_id=38342
The 180mm extension will allow you to increase 283mm inner barrel length to that of an AK at 460mm and add a cheap 6.03 inner barrel. Like this one:
http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_72_373&products_id=27173
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Grinch on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:36 pm

Thanks Badger! Oddly enough, that's the suppressor I have! So would it be wise to put my prometheus 120 into it? it's more like a 125. Also, would the bore up kit be ok?
"I hurt myself today to see if I still feel."
Grinch
Private 1st Class

Postby mahabra695 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:41 pm

Bore up kits are meant for use with long barrel, high FPS setups. The whole purpose is to maximize the springs potential. When I say "long barrel," I mean M16 length +. A bore up kit with a short barrel defeats the purpose and may even lower your FPS.
mahabra695
Sergeant

Postby Exarach on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:53 pm

It won't lower the fps, but it will lower accuracy, and increase barrel "pop"

You should also look into sorbothane.
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby mahabra695 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:19 pm

Exarach wrote:It won't lower the fps, but it will lower accuracy, and increase barrel "pop"

You should also look into sorbothane.

I was just going off research Ive done, never actually had first hand experience.

+1 on sorbo padding.
mahabra695
Sergeant

Postby The Honey Badger on Tue May 01, 2012 5:39 am

mahabra695 wrote:Bore up kits are meant for use with long barrel, high FPS setups. The whole purpose is to maximize the springs potential. When I say "long barrel," I mean M16 length +. A bore up kit with a short barrel defeats the purpose and may even lower your FPS.

^this

I don't know if it is worth it if you are just going to a 455mm but it wouldn't hurt.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Return to Upgrades and Modifications