riffled tight bore?

Pimp my Gun

Moderator: Moderators

riffled tight bore?

Postby pastormark_m on Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:34 pm

Hi,

Just curious, has anyone ever tried barrels like this? http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/a ... odID=21492 I just wonder how well they work for accuracy and how they effect fps?

Thanks

God bless...

mark
pastormark_m
Recruit

Re: riffled tight bore?

Postby Beanns2 on Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:05 pm

Rifled barrels for airsoft are only effective in certain fps ranges. I beleive they work best in the 380+/- 10fps with .20s. But the price + added performance doesnt work out to be effecient. Its best to stick with standard tight bores.
Beanns2
Executive Advisor

Postby V-S on Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:35 pm

Tanio Koba twist barrels are interesting. If you've got a stock Tokyo Marui rifle, or anything around a similar FPS; then it's the best barrel you can get. Once you break around the 330 fps mark however, the TK barrel is quite useless. They're also a bit hard to get... I'm still trying to find one for my Marui M4.
V-S
Corporal

Postby IconarmsDealer on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:02 am

rifled Barrels and Round Shot IMO waste of $$$. Rifling would work if the BB could be Gripped by the Lands and Groves of the rifling. Bullets are forced through the barrel. Meaning if you have a.30Cal Barrel, and you placed a 30Cal unfired projectile in the chamber (bullet only) it would not fall through and out the other end. You would have to hammer it through. The jacket of the bullet fills the riflings and foems a gas seal.
Do the same with an AEg barrel and BB the bbs just roll through and out.....
The Hop Up provides the Spin in place of Riflings....
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby V-S on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:24 am

The TK twist barrels don't have rifling to grip the bb and spin it however. In the TK barrels, the "rifling" creates an even cushion of air around the bb, creating some nice range and accuracy for any rifle already under 330 fps, but past 330 it becomes unstable.
V-S
Corporal

Return to Upgrades and Modifications