Uprgrade my M14?

Pimp my Gun

Moderator: Moderators

Uprgrade my M14?

Postby wash warrior on Sat May 16, 2009 12:49 am

Hey guys, I am looking for someone to upgrade my TM M14, or refer me to someone who can. I usually have Pryde upgrade my guns, but he has not responded to me in months, and I don't know how else to get a hold of him. And I also asked Bio, because I heard that he does upgrading too, but I haven't heard from him.

I am fine upgrading my M4 now, and I'm pretty comfortable with that, but the M14 is so much different that I would like some help. I am going to be running a 500fps set up.

I need someone who feels COMFORTABLE and has EXPERIENCE with the TM M14

I have Prommy double torque gears to put in, firefly hard hop up, guarder infinite torque up motor, ball bearing spring guide, sorbothane pad for piston/cylinder head (I can help with that part), spring guide, metal bushings, prommy tightbore, systema M140 spring, custom Elite 10.8v battery with deans connectors, and probably some other stuff that I am forgetting.

So can anyone help me out? I would like to get it done locally, so I don't have to get it sent out and pay for shipping. Oh that reminds me, I am willing to pay, we can work out a price. Let me know.

Thanks!
wash warrior
Recruit

Re: Uprgrade my M14?

Postby V-S on Sat May 16, 2009 1:07 pm

TAC Rules wrote:2.1 All AEGs not covered further below must be at or under 376 fps with a .25g BB (420 w/ .20g).

So, you won't be using this at any TAC games then?
V-S
Corporal

Postby cpt_wonton2 on Sat May 16, 2009 4:28 pm

to v-s, its airsoft, let him do whatev he wants to his guns. to the person who posted this: pm lawdawg cause he garuntees his work and ive had him do all upgrades to my m4 and it is a quality job.
49th Commandos
And may the skulls of my enemies fall to my feet as my trophies...
cpt_wonton2
Private 1st Class

Postby wash warrior on Sat May 16, 2009 5:15 pm

Ok to V-S. If you read further on that page, you see the rules for sniper rifles/designated marksmen rifles. That includes "AEG's" that have the full auto mechanically dissabled, so its semi only. And for that I can go up to 617 with .2's, and Im planning on just under 500 with .2's. So actually I am quite within the limits. Look man, I have done tons of research for this, and have already made my decision on that, and I payed attention to the rules. I wasn't asking what people thought about my set up. *EDIT* ok sorry that was kinda harsh, I guess I didn't mention that I am going semi only with this gun, full auto will be mechanically disabled. sorry*

And to cpt_wonton2 , thanks I think I will. Good to hear you have had good experience with him. I will edit this post if I figure out that he can help me out. Thanks again
wash warrior
Recruit

Postby V-S on Sat May 16, 2009 6:33 pm

I apologize, I was not aware that you were disabling the full auto; and had assumed that you were simply upgrading your rifle to 500 fps. Sorry about that, although if you would've mentioned that you were going semi-auto, I wouldn't have said something. We were both in the wrong, and I'm very sorry for posting that. Best of luck with the upgrading.
V-S
Corporal

Postby cpt_wonton2 on Sat May 16, 2009 9:11 pm

haha no prob bro.
49th Commandos
And may the skulls of my enemies fall to my feet as my trophies...
cpt_wonton2
Private 1st Class

Postby clayton on Sat May 16, 2009 10:40 pm

@ wash warrior, do you know how to reveal the gb
clayton
1st Lieutenant

Postby Savage on Sat May 16, 2009 11:10 pm

The best person I can point you to for a TM M14 is KileyHAZ. He's had one for years, as far as I know. But it's up to him wether or not he does any work for you.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby KileyHAZ on Sun May 17, 2009 7:39 am

I have owned a few version 7s over the years and have a TM that has been running well for 2+ years now. I know the box but I'm not sure you could afford my rates for that work as it would easily be over a $100 dollars of my time. You may be able to con Bio into taking the job, his rates are more in line with the industry average, you simply have to catch him when he is without a ton of work on his bench.

Law Dawg is another option, and I'm sure you could find one or two guys to do the work for free as well, but watch out for someone just tinkering with your gear box. The version 7 is one of the stoutest gearboxes and easiest to work on, but the exterior assemblies for the trigger, and selection system is probably the most complex and easy to mess it up or break it. Sadly you have to dissemble all of the exterior assemblies to crack the gearbox :(
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby wash warrior on Thu May 21, 2009 5:16 pm

Ok cool guys thanks for the help. And yeah I'm sorry too V-S, so were moving on....

No I don't know how to get down to the gearbox, that's the problem. I have heard like Kiley was just saying that once you get to the gearbox, it is the best gearbox to work with, but getting there is the challenge. I just don't want to mess my gun up. And ya I'm not really looking to spend $100+ on the service for my gun.

I sent a PM to BIO weeks ago and haven't heard from him. And I just sent one to Lawdawg a couple days ago when you said I should.

U guys know anyone else?
wash warrior
Recruit

Next

Return to Upgrades and Modifications