Help w/ Mid-cap jams & lube

Tips and tricks for keeping your equipment in top shape

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Help w/ Mid-cap jams & lube

Postby Seedy on Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:16 am

Pmags are Polymer and the mechanics of an airsoft mag are a lot different than real steel ones. Real steel mags are pretty simple compared to airsoft ones...
I've always like metal airsoft mags not because the insides are metal or anything but the shell around the whole thing is metal and they won't come apart like I've seen a few MAG brand mags do (that were unintentionally overloaded).
And as far as the single/double-stack mag thing I really don't know enough about regular AEG mags to tell you what kind of mag you could get for your particular gun that would be single or double-stacked. I honestly didn't think they made single stack mags apart from really low-cap 60 round Marui mags or something (which are metal btw. great mags). All I really know about these days is the PTW stuff.
Oh yeah and I don't think a little silicon, graphite whatever on your hop-up is too bad. After you fire a couple rounds that stuff usually seems to come off anyways and your hop is back to normal so don't get too worried about it.
Seedy
Executive Advisor

Postby PhaedrusZen on Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:34 pm

Here's a nice shot of the G&G internals. I think I'm going with these for sure, now. First because they're single stack, so less jamming potential, and second, because the internals are clear, so if they do jam for any reason, I don't have to pull it apart completely and just guess where it went wrong, I can just pull the (metal) exterior off and see exactly what went wrong. I like it! :D
sky soldier wrote:...Oh wait, nevermind his lips are painted orange, they must not be real cuss words.
PhaedrusZen
Executive Advisor

Postby ben on Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:13 pm

PhaedrusZen wrote:Here's a nice shot of the G&G internals. I think I'm going with these for sure, now. First because they're single stack, so less jamming potential, and second, because the internals are clear, so if they do jam for any reason, I don't have to pull it apart completely and just guess where it went wrong, I can just pull the (metal) exterior off and see exactly what went wrong. I like it! :D

g&g m4 mids are the only mags i use because they are the only mags that feed in my guns none of mine have ever jammed but all 11 of mine dont have clear internals be careful u can over fill them so i only put 60 bbs in them u can try some of mine to see if u like them before you buy them
ben
TAC Vice President

Postby PhaedrusZen on Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:39 pm

That'd be cool. I'll have to see if I can make this upcoming game. I'd rather have 60 bbs I know are going to feed than 130 that may or may not...
sky soldier wrote:...Oh wait, nevermind his lips are painted orange, they must not be real cuss words.
PhaedrusZen
Executive Advisor

Postby firebert on Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:37 pm

The Mag brand 100 rounders should be single stack. I am not 100% as I have never taken them apart. I have used and abused them and never had feeding issues so I am pretty sure they are.

Something else to remember. You don't want to store your mags full. Doing so wears out the spring so they don't push all the bbs out. Not trying to say that's the issue but just something to keep in mind.
firebert
Private

Postby PhaedrusZen on Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:58 pm

I definitely try to watch that. I empty everything when I get home, and don't load up until the morning of.
PhaedrusZen
Executive Advisor

Postby dejavu on Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:55 pm

ben wrote:g&g m4 mids are the only mags i use because they are the only mags that feed in my guns none of mine have ever jammed but all 11 of mine dont have clear internals be careful u can over fill them so i only put 60 bbs in them u can try some of mine to see if u like them before you buy them

I remember using your mags at a game when I was having trouble with my mags, and that's exactly why I'm planning to pick up a box of these. Stupid plastic MAGs.
dejavu
Master Sergeant

Previous

Return to Maintenance and Troubleshooting