wiring

Tips and tricks for keeping your equipment in top shape

Moderator: Moderators

wiring

Postby Gills on Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:29 pm

my m249 wires fried. they melted earlier. how should i get a new set of these wires? can i go into an electronics shop and use any wire, and put the contact clips on the new wire? no sites really sell the m249 wire harnes. any help is apprecaited.
USMC
"Your Gods and my Gods-do you or I know which are stronger?"
Gills
Sergeant

Re: wiring

Postby KileyHAZ on Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:00 am

Gills wrote:my m249 wires fried. they melted earlier. how should i get a new set of these wires? can i go into an electronics shop and use any wire, and put the contact clips on the new wire? no sites really sell the m249 wire harnes. any help is apprecaited.

You can get the wire online or from a hobby shop. Your looking for 16 or 18 gauge low resistance silicone wires. You will need a soldering iron and solder as well.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Gills on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:18 pm

thanks much for your help kiley. ill be buying new wires later this week.
USMC
"Your Gods and my Gods-do you or I know which are stronger?"
Gills
Sergeant

Postby KileyHAZ on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:17 am

Gills wrote:thanks much for your help kiley. ill be buying new wires later this week.

NP, you can get the connectors from the hobby shop as well, you want Tamiya if you want to replace the stock ones, but the 'T' or more commonly called 'deans connectors' are also available and do better under the load of a lipo. Be sure to keep an inline fuse in the mix as well. If yours is fried you can get them from the hobby shop or from ace hardware. Good luck!
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby sky soldier on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:29 pm

My JG G36 "shorty" melted the wires this past game. Stock battery 8.4v 1100Mah. No prolonged auto trigger holding. I haven't taken it apart yet. I'm just wondering if anyone can shed some light on why it happened in the first place. I'm thinking the motor was drawing too much current. But why doesn't the fuse burn?
I did lube it with a Qtip dipped in hightemp wheel bearing grease about a month ago. ( Probably not the greatest idea). My question is do I need new wiring and a new motor and a new piston/cylinder? Anyway to troubleshoot the motor or piston/cylinder seperately after I fix the wiring?
Thanks,
S.S.
sky soldier
Private 1st Class

Return to Maintenance and Troubleshooting