Motor brush spring issues.

Tips and tricks for keeping your equipment in top shape

Moderator: Moderators

Motor brush spring issues.

Postby Lohdroz on Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:54 pm

OK, so, I have officially given up trying to figure this out. Google has so far, proven itself worthless. I haven't been out in forever because for the last four to five months (if not longer) my AK has been sitting in pieces on my desk outside. I was trying to upgrade it, put in a guarder 110 spring, whole bunch of other systema crap I can't remember. Basically the only thing in there that is stock is the gears, bushing, and trigger assembly. The gearbox is all together now (and hopefully correctly this time).

So, on to my problem. My Motor brush springs keep melting/deforming off the top of the brush housing on the motor / the top, straight part of the spring (where it holds onto that little clip with the copper wire wrapped around it) when I test the motor with my 9.6 volt battery. I tested another motor with the same battery, and its fine, no problems. I can't figure out why it keeps doing this.
We already absolutely wasted a G&P ultra custom 120 with this problem :oops: . I don't want to do the same with my new G&G high torque. >_<

We soldered it all together, red went to the positive prong and black to the other. The soldiering is not touching anything it shouldn't be. Other than soldering the wire onto the new motor, we have not done anything to the wiring. I'm sure this is caused by some stupid little problem I do not know about, but God help me I can't find it, and it's driving my even more insane than I already am :x

Any ideas?

I can get pictures up if needed. Ask away if you have questions.

Any help is appreciated!
-Arick
Forward Recon Assault Group (F.R.A.G.) Leader
Primary: Vector Arms AK-74UN (AKS-74U) Upgraded.
Secondary: Echo 1 M249 SAW
Tertiary: CYMA 032A (M14 Socom)
Sidearm: Tokyo Marui Scorpian VZ.61
Lohdroz
Private

Return to Maintenance and Troubleshooting