Cyma G18c (CM030)

Tips and tricks for keeping your equipment in top shape

Moderator: Moderators

Cyma G18c (CM030)

Postby Crono0001 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:14 pm

So, I have a CM030, the same one I was sprinting around with last Saturday during Attack and Defend. I needed to recharge the battery on it that night, so I did not want to charge a half-discharged battery. Went home, emptied a few clips and ran out of BBs. I decided to go ahead and put the gun on fully auto and shoot it with the barrel muffled on a pillow to keep the air inside. Halfway through, it started to make a (for lack of a better word) 'farting' sound. It eventually stabilized and came through crisp and clear again.

Today, I loaded up my pistol to see if it was alright.
Now, it seems to skip every third or fourth BB. It's not a big deal because it's a G18 with full auto capabilities, but:
Every third or fourth bb will not fire. Instead, the next shot after that fires 2 bbs at once. It then shoots fine for 2-3 shots, and then the same thing happens. It does this in semi-auto and full-auto.

What is wrong and what can I do to fix it?
Please don't tell me to replace this gun. I love this cheap little AEP.
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Re: Cyma G18c (CM030)

Postby NHtucsonaz on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:21 pm

its an AEP? maybe something stripped like the piston, and it skeps cause it doesnt catch the teeth and it double shoots cause it kind of gripps the teeth , thats my guess (but not sure how the inturnals are on AEPs though)
NHtucsonaz
Sergeant

Postby Crono0001 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:46 pm

By the way, I just took some of it apart (as much as i needed to observe the spring), and the thing 'fires' just fine. The hammer comes back and it makes that sharp cracking sound.

Also, the first shot after the clip is inserted NEVER FIRES, and the second shot ALWAYS FIRES.
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby NHtucsonaz on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:28 pm

Crono0001 wrote:Also, the first shot after the clip is inserted NEVER FIRES, and the second shot ALWAYS FIRES.

yea cause you need to cock it so a bb can be loaded
NHtucsonaz
Sergeant

Postby Crono0001 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:32 pm

NHtucsonaz wrote:
Crono0001 wrote:Also, the first shot after the clip is inserted NEVER FIRES, and the second shot ALWAYS FIRES.

yea cause you need to cock it so a bb can be loaded

non blowback AEP my friend

also, wouldn't explain why it skips every third shot.
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby azsworst on Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:26 am

Check your hop up unit, clean your barrel. Report back.
TAC 2009 Shooters Competition: I came, I saw.....I conqured
I am like the old puma, I will sit and wait a long ass time for you to RUN by then jump you from behind and bam your my diner.........
azsworst
Executive Advisor

Postby Crono0001 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:24 am

azsworst wrote:Check your hop up unit, clean your barrel. Report back.

Cleaned and set to low. Same problem persists.
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby Crono0001 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:48 pm

Would someone be able to meet up and look at it with me?

DEVELOPEMENT: Doesn't seem to happen 'as much' (still when the mag is first inserted) if the gun is angled level or upward
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby dejavu on Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:08 pm

The problem is probably coming from the excessive wear that shooting hundreds of times to discharge the battery is causing to the gearbox. I recommend that you either invest in a discharger, or make one for yourself (two wires attached to a lightbulb works). Or get an NiMh battery.

Gearboxes don't last forever, and every time you shoot a shot, blank or otherwise, your taking away from the gearbox's overall life. Just holding down the trigger for hundreds of consecutive shots, well over the number you would actually be shooting if you were using it with bbs, is going to cause the parts to heat up and will lead to excessive wear.
dejavu
Master Sergeant

Postby Crono0001 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:30 pm

dejavu wrote:The problem is probably coming from the excessive wear that shooting hundreds of times to discharge the battery is causing to the gearbox. I recommend that you either invest in a discharger, or make one for yourself (two wires attached to a lightbulb works). Or get an NiMh battery.

Gearboxes don't last forever, and every time you shoot a shot, blank or otherwise, your taking away from the gearbox's overall life. Just holding down the trigger for hundreds of consecutive shots, well over the number you would actually be shooting if you were using it with bbs, is going to cause the parts to heat up and will lead to excessive wear.

Which would be true if I've discharged the battery more than once.
Do you think Cyma is cheap enough for my gun to wear by just doing that once?
If that's the case I want my money back :'(
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Next

Return to Maintenance and Troubleshooting