KWA

Tips and tricks for keeping your equipment in top shape

Moderator: Moderators

KWA

Postby mahabra695 on Wed May 05, 2010 9:16 pm

So my KWA SR5 broke a while back. I open up the gearbox to find a cracked piston. No problem, I bought a new piston and installed it. I close up the gearbox and pull the trigger. It shot, but the piston was moving back about 3/4inch outside the cylinder. Something inside the gb was also making a grinding sound. The air nozzle was also not moving back right. So I go to mechbox.com and try to see how to time the gears correct and the placement of the anti reversal latch. I fixed those two problems, pull the trigger and the same thing persists. I start to figure it may not be shimmed correctly, because i just bought new gears. I shim the gears a little, then my gb didnt close. So i remove the shims and it still wont close. Can somebody tell me what I may be doing wrong? How does the anti reversal latch go into place? Somebody please help me.
mahabra695
Sergeant

Re: KWA

Postby Gills on Fri May 21, 2010 12:06 pm

Hay mahabra, Ive meet you at some pick up games.
Quadro is a Great airsoft tech. He helped me build my DMR and fixed my KWA when i fubar'd it. Send him a PM and he will most likely give you a good price for what he can do.
USMC
"Your Gods and my Gods-do you or I know which are stronger?"
Gills
Sergeant

Re: KWA

Postby mahabra695 on Fri May 21, 2010 2:04 pm

Ha, thanks for the help but I just fixed it yesterday.
mahabra695
Sergeant

Return to Maintenance and Troubleshooting