Tips and tricks for keeping your equipment in top shape

Moderator: Moderators

JG M4A1 HELP

Postby AlexDean on Thu May 20, 2010 9:03 pm

Alright...

This is the gun im having trouble with.
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=3432

Problem:
Will only shoot 2-4 bb's before it completely stops shooting on semi. Will only shoot for about 2 seconds on full. When I hold the trigger down, it doesn't make a sound like the motor is trying to turn, it feels like something is not connecting. I know for sure it is not the batteries. I have two batteries that are good/fairly new, 1 9.6 and 1 8.4 that came with the gun. All these shooting problems happen when both batteries are at full charge. So its not the batteries.

ryukensfj has worked on my gun before trying to figure out the problem. He opened up the gun and the gear box for analysis. His first initial thought was it was the copper connectors on the trigger assembly. So we put a piece of metal soldering wire in between the two, and tightened it down with the screw cover thingy. after that, it shot fine. even took it out for a test drive and it held up 100%. but now its back to the root problem. not shooting. ryukensfj thinks it might just be the wiring now. But not 100% sure. and neither am I.

So, if anyone has any idea what the problem is and know someone or a way to fix, please tell.

i have already sat out 2 games because of this problem and itching to go back. im willing to pay for any service someone can offer up be it just analyzing and/or fixing. much thanks!
Here I sit all broken hearted; came to poop and only farted.
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Re: JG M4A1 HELP

Postby Crono0001 on Thu May 20, 2010 9:35 pm

1: Have you checked to see that the connection to your motor isn't loose? If you want to see if it's your wiring, just use an light and the battery

2: Now that I have my Echo 1 ASR, you're more than welcome to borrow the M4 or vice versa ^_^
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby mahabra695 on Thu May 20, 2010 10:37 pm

Does your gun have a fuse? If so, check the connectors to the fuse. The same thing happens on my KWA and the positive wire came loose due to the vibrations i guess? I dont know, but it comes loose a lot so check that. Because if your motor isnt even trying to move, it has something to do with connections somewhere or a short curcuit. At least thats what happens to me.
mahabra695
Sergeant

Postby ryukensfj on Thu May 20, 2010 11:42 pm

Damn sucks this is happening again. Hope you can get it fixed!
ryukensfj
Corporal

Postby lonewolf on Fri May 21, 2010 9:22 am

Try removing the motor from grip then when it's out connect the motor back then pull the trigger if it turns with no problem then its not your trigger assembly or motor...shoot both semi and full to diagnose switch assembly. Any upgrades done recently? Does the wiring in the battery connectors heat up during firing? How old is the gun by the way?

"He who shed his blood with me shall be my Brother!" - Henry V

lonewolf
Corporal

Postby yellow_fever on Fri May 21, 2010 11:51 am

I'll bet you just need to adjust the height of the motor.
When in doubt, call it out.
Savage wrote:Good to know snow camo isn't desert issue anymore.
yellow_fever
Sergeant

Postby ryukensfj on Fri May 21, 2010 4:10 pm

yellow_fever wrote:I'll bet you just need to adjust the height of the motor.

That's not it... If that is the case the motor will still try to turn and make a noise. It doesn't make a noise when it happens. It's like the motor has been disconnected.

Alex: try to make the connectors to the motor tighter and see if that helps. I have extras of everything so when I'm back and have time I'll switch out stuff one by one and we will figure it out.
ryukensfj
Corporal

Postby AlexDean on Fri May 21, 2010 10:18 pm

lonewolf wrote:Try removing the motor from grip then when it's out connect the motor back then pull the trigger if it turns with no problem then its not your trigger assembly or motor...shoot both semi and full to diagnose switch assembly. Any upgrades done recently? Does the wiring in the battery connectors heat up during firing? How old is the gun by the way?

no upgrades, does not heat up that i know of, and i bought the gun about 2 months ago. dont know when the actual manufactured date is..
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Postby AlexDean on Sat May 22, 2010 12:02 am

Im pretty sure i fixed the problem. lol

i unscrewed the bottom plate of the pistol grip to look at the connections to the motor. i figured out there was too much pressure on the wires connecting to the motor. so i re-arranged the wires around inside the grip for a better fit. so far, its shooting 100% but as we know, it has a tendency to somehow loosin and receive more pressure on it's self. i have yet to come up with an ingenious solution, so if anyone has had experience with this type of problem before, please tell how you fixed it =) thanks.
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Return to Maintenance and Troubleshooting