Crono's Desperate Pleas for M4 Help

Tips and tricks for keeping your equipment in top shape

Moderator: Moderators

Crono's Desperate Pleas for M4 Help

Postby Crono0001 on Tue May 25, 2010 9:18 pm

So I recently bought this:
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=30044

For my DBoys v2 Gearbox. When I took the old piston head off of the old piston, it didn't fit this piston. The piston head's knob was much too large to fit into this new piston's opening. So I took my screwdriver and made it a little larger. I placed the old piston head on the new piston, installed everything, and began shooting.

The BB's don't even travel 10 feet. My piston head has remained unchanged, but for some reason I'm losing A LOT of air. I'm about to install the old piston again to see if the problem persists (in which case I'd look at the air nozzle), but something tells me putting the old piston will restore the power.

Any ideas?

EDIT:
If you're just joining this thread, the air compression is fixed, but the magazines that I have are very loose in the mag well and have trouble feeding. This never happened when the gun was stock, and must be a recent addition (maybe my tightbore barrel and hop up bucking/spacer upgrade has shifted my hop up unit? I don't know)
Last edited by Crono0001 on Thu May 27, 2010 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Re: Piston Problem

Postby Crono0001 on Wed May 26, 2010 1:20 am

Okay, fuck it. I fucking give up on this AEG.

If anyone lives near the campus area and wants to take a look at it, I'll gladly let you see it and I'll even pay you if you can fix it. But as far as I (and Ryuken) are concerned, this AEG is impossible to deal with... I should have bought a KWA..

I wanted to first upgrade my range, so I bought new hop up stuff, a longer tightbore, and a silencer to hide it. I also bought with it an M120 spring. Well the spring was so strong that my battery ran out too fast, my motor wasn't strong enough to pull it, and it broke one of my bushings. No big deal, I buy a new motor, a new battery, and a new bushing. It works for about 2 magazines, and then the tappet plate snaps. Fine, I buy a new tappet plate and replace the piston while I'm at it.

And now, I've spent the past 5 hours of time I don't have trying to fix this god damn thing, and the gearbox is by far THE WORST DESIGNED GEARBOX. The wires don't stay put, the anti-reverse latch falls out, it takes a fucking bag of shims to do it correctly- this thing is just well beyond me. I put the thing together with the old gearbox and now the motor isn't able to pull the spring (probably because of too much friction, I don't know).

Seriously, if anyone wants to look at it before this Saturday's game, I'll gladly take a day off of work so you guys can swing by and show me what the fuck to do. Ryuken is out of town otherwise he'd do it, but as far as I'm concerned, this gearbox is way fucking beyond me.

Fuck DBOYS.
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby airsoftguy on Wed May 26, 2010 1:59 am

Hi George I can take a look at that if you want?
Free body piercing, anywhere any size, if you stand in front of my iron sights.
airsoftguy
Sergeant

Postby Crono0001 on Wed May 26, 2010 2:06 am

That'd be swell. When can you come down?

UPDATE: The FPS drop happens with the old piston. This means it is either my air nozzle, or my piston head. How do I decipher which it is? I took it out and used my fingers to test it: I placed my finger over the air nozzle and tried to push the piston in. It gave a little resistance, but not much.
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby AxisOfOil on Wed May 26, 2010 4:32 pm

You're welcome to bring it up to Prescott and I'd be more than happy to take a look at it.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby Crono0001 on Wed May 26, 2010 8:14 pm

I just went ahead and replaced the piston head, cylinder head, and air nozzle.
Had airsoftguy help me out, he was really good.
Works like a charm now, but I give it two weeks before I have to disassemble the fucking bearbox again >:(
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby Crono0001 on Wed May 26, 2010 9:51 pm

EDIT: Anti-reverse latch fell out, and once again, the gearbox needs to be open. Seriously, fuck this shit.
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby Exarach on Wed May 26, 2010 10:21 pm

Look at my Email!
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Re: Crono's Desperate Pleas for M4 Help

Postby Crono0001 on Thu May 27, 2010 2:10 am

First off, thank you all for your speedy replies and eagerness to help. Kudos to Ryukensfj who's willing to talk me over the phone and skype even when he's in California, Airsoftguy for driving down here delivering parts and working on the gearbox, AxisofOil for any of his wise tips over Facebook, and Exarach for help via e-mail. This is why TAC is such a great community- because it's filled with people like you.

Anyways, back to the topic... or rather, another topic to the topic (you get what I mean).
The air compression has been solved. I fixed it by replacing everything (piston head, cylinder head, and air nozzle).
Which now brings me to my next problem. The mags don't feed properly, and this is because they are WAY loose inside the mag well. I tried to electrical tape around the top of the mags, but that doesn't help because: even if it's tight, it doesn't mean it lines up perfectly with the hop up- which is needed for it to feed. It will work 100% if I use my muscles and jam the mag up into the hole (haha) and fire, but I have a foregrip which I intend to use. Now this never happened when the gun was stock, so something must have changed during all of this switching of parts (read thread here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1979). Any ideas?
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Re: Crono's Desperate Pleas for M4 Help

Postby xblackthund3rx on Thu May 27, 2010 12:34 pm

Not sure what you can do about it but my friend had the same problem with the hop up not lining up with the mag. He got the Dboys M4 CQB SD the day he got it the hop up bucking ripped and then the same air problem you were having happened so he just returned it and bought a KWA
forumlogo by BLACK_THUNDER, on Flickr
G4-A2 Blazing hog, TM 1911, KWA KMP9, Echo 1 MK5, CYMA AK47
xblackthund3rx
Private

Next

Return to Maintenance and Troubleshooting