CA m15a4 sportline

Tips and tricks for keeping your equipment in top shape

Moderator: Moderators

CA m15a4 sportline

Postby mahabra695 on Tue May 25, 2010 9:38 pm

So im trying to fix my friends gun. The original problem was that the stock 8.4v (fully charged) wasnt powerful enough to turn the motor. I tried adjusing the height and that did nothing.

Today I took his gun home with me and just for kicks, plugged in my LiPo. The gun actually fired. I then tried my 9.6v and it fired. I also opened up the GB and everything was fine. The only weird thing is, is that when i use the 9.6v with it, after every shot i hear something vibrating inside the GB. It didnt do this with the LiPo.

Is this just a case of a faulty battery? I dont understand how a non-upgraded gun wont shoot with a stock battery.
mahabra695
Sergeant

Re: CA m15a4 sportline

Postby KileyHAZ on Wed May 26, 2010 11:48 am

mahabra695 wrote:So im trying to fix my friends gun. The original problem was that the stock 8.4v (fully charged) wasnt powerful enough to turn the motor. I tried adjusing the height and that did nothing.

Today I took his gun home with me and just for kicks, plugged in my LiPo. The gun actually fired. I then tried my 9.6v and it fired. I also opened up the GB and everything was fine. The only weird thing is, is that when i use the 9.6v with it, after every shot i hear something vibrating inside the GB. It didnt do this with the LiPo.

Is this just a case of a faulty battery? I dont understand how a non-upgraded gun wont shoot with a stock battery.

Sounds like the battery is defective, not pushing enough amperage through to the motor. I'd test with another nimh 9.6 or 8.4 to be sure. If those work then have him replace the battery and he is good to go.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Re: CA m15a4 sportline

Postby mahabra695 on Wed May 26, 2010 1:30 pm

thats what i was thinking. So i tested it with a 9.6v and it fired right. But the vibrating noise now sounds like its coming from the spring.
mahabra695
Sergeant

Return to Maintenance and Troubleshooting