Double Feeding

Tips and tricks for keeping your equipment in top shape

Moderator: Moderators

Double Feeding

Postby The Honey Badger on Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:16 am

Although a huge problem for a real gun, my JG shoots 2 BB's when the trigger is pulled. I would not have too much of an issue with this but they don't appear to be traveling at full velocity.

Anyone know why or how to stop this?

Trent
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Re: Double Feeding

Postby quadro on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:16 am

check your bucking and spacer. I'd those aren't it then tape plate and air nozzle.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Harold R. McAlindon

quadro
Executive Advisor

Re: Double Feeding

Postby SinfulPain on Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:49 pm

How old is your gun? If its more than a year or two, consider buying a new hop-up bucking. I just pulled the bucking out of my JG M4, and it was split right before the hop-up nub. If yours is split, that may be the reason for it double feeding. I know my M4 double feeds occasionally, which I'm hoping will stop after I replace the hop-up unit.

If you want to replace the hop-up unit in the future with a single-piece, you should seriously consider buying a metal body. I'm still working on modifying my plastic body and metal hop-up, to get it so the hop-up fits in the body. If I had the money, I would've just bought a new metal body, to save the hassle.

~Brian
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Return to Maintenance and Troubleshooting