M60 A&K Box Magazine Feeding Tube

Tips and tricks for keeping your equipment in top shape

Moderator: Moderators

M60 A&K Box Magazine Feeding Tube

Postby Crono0001 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:13 pm

So I reloaded my M60VN at today's game, because I ran out of bullets, and the thing seemed to stop feeding. The magazine would still wind, but it didn't seem like any BBs were going into the tube. I decided to go home and take the magazine box out when the feeding tube disconnected itself from the box magazine :shock:

I have looked everywhere on takedown guides for the A&K M60 Box Mag, but can't find it. The magazine no longer feeds (still winds and everything), but it makes my gun useless.

Help? A link to a box mag takedown would be best
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Re: M60 A&K Box Magazine Feeding Tube

Postby Savage on Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:53 pm

Check to make sure your feeding tube is clear, not pinched AT ALL, and that you don't have a chopped/broken BB stuck in it somewhere. If it's a feeding issue, this'll fix. There may/should be a feeding tube going to the bottom of the gun as well, and there may be a chopped BB stuck in the gears at the bottom.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Re: M60 A&K Box Magazine Feeding Tube

Postby Crono0001 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:28 pm

Savage wrote:Check to make sure your feeding tube is clear, not pinched AT ALL, and that you don't have a chopped/broken BB stuck in it somewhere. If it's a feeding issue, this'll fix. There may/should be a feeding tube going to the bottom of the gun as well, and there may be a chopped BB stuck in the gears at the bottom.

Did you read my post? :P
The problem is that the feeding tube disconnected itself from the mag box.

I am in the process of fixing it though, so this thread is moot.
After taking apart every screw I see, the tube should go right into where the gear spins the BBs into the feeding tube, and it's held there by a screw. I tightened the screw all the way, but it still disconnected itself. I've taped electrical tape around the tube and shoved it in there, and it seems to be on tight, but in the process, disconnected the wire. I need to solder it back on now.

UPDATE: It's fixed, hopefully it won't pop out again.
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Return to Maintenance and Troubleshooting