CA m14 ebr problem?

Tips and tricks for keeping your equipment in top shape

Moderator: Moderators

CA m14 ebr problem?

Postby 75thRanger on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:49 pm

I really dont know if this is a problem or not but i was firing my gun at a target and i had got done with shooting it and decided to pull the mag out and I saw that there were a few bbs in the chamber as I am calling it so i decided to fire it to get them out so I did but the gun wouldnt shoot the motor is turning over but I am wondering if its a gaerbox problem or a battery problem keep in mind that I havent charged the battery since I got the gun havent needed to since I havent attend any games yet. I really would hate to fork over 30 bucks for a new one just to test if its the battery i can justify buying a charger but that wont be for awhile. The motor sounds fine no pinging noise or whining noises coming from it.
75thRanger
Private 1st Class

Re: CA m14 ebr problem?

Postby thatoneguy92088 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:21 pm

Wow over 100 words in the first sentence. You really want us to troubleshoot a gun over the internet when you don't even have a charger to charge the battery with? You said the motor spins, does that mean when its connected to the gearbox or outside the gearbox. If it spins when it's outside the gearbox, the battery is most likely dead and doesn't have enough juice to turn over the spring. If it turns over when the motor is connected to the gearbox and it's not shooting out a bb, then its more complex. Also 151 posts, no charger and haven't been to a game. :| :roll:
The First Rule of Gunfighting is "Have a gun."
thatoneguy92088
Corporal

Postby airsoftguy on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:27 pm

Why don't you check your air nozzle and hop up and charge your battery with a smart charger that cost about $40?
Free body piercing, anywhere any size, if you stand in front of my iron sights.
airsoftguy
Sergeant

Postby 75thRanger on Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:43 pm

thatoneguy92088 wrote:Wow over 100 words in the first sentence. You really want us to troubleshoot a gun over the internet when you don't even have a charger to charge the battery with? You said the motor spins, does that mean when its connected to the gearbox or outside the gearbox. If it spins when it's outside the gearbox, the battery is most likely dead and doesn't have enough juice to turn over the spring. If it turns over when the motor is connected to the gearbox and it's not shooting out a bb, then its more complex. Also 151 posts, no charger and haven't been to a game. :| :roll:

I have been to a couple of sasco games but I havent been to a game yet with this gun. :D
I just havent had time to pick up a charger since I have no need to go to any games in the state that I am at. But I will be attending games once I get back to Arizona.
75thRanger
Private 1st Class

Postby KileyHAZ on Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:27 am

If it grunts when you pull the trigger but fails to fire its a battery issue, recharge it. If it whirls when you pull the trigger but its not popping and no air is coming out its something with the motor, gears, or piston.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby 75thRanger on Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:03 pm

KileyHAZ wrote:If it grunts when you pull the trigger but fails to fire its a battery issue, recharge it. If it whirls when you pull the trigger but its not popping and no air is coming out its something with the motor, gears, or piston.

Thanks Kiley I picked up a charger today they didnt have a smart charger but I will be getting one soon. But the wall charger is the only chargers they had so I figured I would spend the 20 bucks at the store to figure out if it was my battery or if it was something internally wrong with the gun. The gun is firing good the battery just needed charged it worried me a little when the gun gave up after shooting it yesterday.
75thRanger
Private 1st Class

Postby Crono0001 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:48 am

I realize this is completely off topic, and I like to see how it has progressed as you post... But maybe my remark will speed things up.

Punctuation will really help our eyes. It doesn't need to be 100% correct, just need to throw it in there when you think there should be a pause so we don't fry our brains.

I have a smart charger if you ever need to charge your battery. Hobby stores have them too (for RC Planes and stuff)
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Return to Maintenance and Troubleshooting