JG M4A1 Motor

Tips and tricks for keeping your equipment in top shape

Moderator: Moderators

JG M4A1 Motor

Postby AlexDean on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:48 pm

My motor is very picky how its placed inside my handle. I cannot get it in there without either the wires pinching too hard or the motor not being pushed down hard enough. right now when i pull the trigger it makes a sound like it barely rubbing against the gears. when i adjust the tiny hex screw it either pushes so hard against it, it wont shoot or puts too little pressure on it and it grinds against the gears. I have tried putting in the motor every way i could think of (putting the wires on both and opposite sides, twisting the wires, everything).
so anyways, I need someone experienced with motors and this type of problem to help me out.
Here I sit all broken hearted; came to poop and only farted.
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Re: JG M4A1 Motor

Postby ryukensfj on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:16 pm

Hey Alex!

You need to put both wires on one side. Also the super glue you have in there may be the issue with the motor height adjustment. Your pinion gear gear also didn't look to be in a good condition when I saw it yesterday... You need to do a fine adjustment if it pushes too hard or puts too little of a pressure. Find the middle point, unless the superglue messed that up...

But other than this issue does it shoot fine?
ryukensfj
Corporal

Postby AlexDean on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:19 pm

i know, i put both wires on the bigger side, i also put them separate, different sides, ect... every which way possible they could fit. other than this issue it shoots better than before but it is still shooting full auto on semi and vice versa....
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Postby airsoftguy on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:42 pm

AlexDean wrote:i know, i put both wires on the bigger side, i also put them separate, different sides, ect... every which way possible they could fit. other than this issue it shoots better than before but it is still shooting full auto on semi and vice versa....

Your Cut off lever isn't working or the spring is gone?
Free body piercing, anywhere any size, if you stand in front of my iron sights.
airsoftguy
Sergeant

Postby ryukensfj on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:23 am

AlexDean wrote:i know, i put both wires on the bigger side, i also put them separate, different sides, ect... every which way possible they could fit. other than this issue it shoots better than before but it is still shooting full auto on semi and vice versa....

Hmmm it fit and slid in fine when I had it in... Anyways it shoots semi on full auto too? Maybe I should take a look at the gearbox again to see if anything is missing and check out the mechanism for that... Honestly I didn't take a real good look at it when I opened it up... Forgot to even see if the spring on the selector plate is missing... LOL, sorry dude. Whenever you have time or you can let me borrow it after the next game we are at... I'll fix it to the best I can.
ryukensfj
Corporal

Postby AlexDean on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:08 pm

ryukensfj wrote:Hmmm it fit and slid in fine when I had it in... Anyways it shoots semi on full auto too? Maybe I should take a look at the gearbox again to see if anything is missing and check out the mechanism for that... Honestly I didn't take a real good look at it when I opened it up... Forgot to even see if the spring on the selector plate is missing... LOL, sorry dude. Whenever you have time or you can let me borrow it after the next game we are at... I'll fix it to the best I can.

well im not going to any games untill i have a working gun. so we'll have to meet up somewhere sometime.
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Postby SinfulPain on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:04 am

ryukensfj wrote:Hey Alex!

You need to put both wires on one side. Also the super glue you have in there may be the issue with the motor height adjustment. Your pinion gear gear also didn't look to be in a good condition when I saw it yesterday... You need to do a fine adjustment if it pushes too hard or puts too little of a pressure. Find the middle point, unless the superglue messed that up...

But other than this issue does it shoot fine?

My M4 requires the negative lead to go behind the motor, and the positive in front. His may be done differently, since my M4 is an '07/'08 model.

Also, my M4 doesn't have any issues with the motor. Alex, do you still have the small metal disk that goes between the set-screw, and the motor? If not, that can cause the problem. I might be able to make you a copper one in the next week or so, if I can borrow a disk puncher from the jewelry studio at school.

~Brian
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby AlexDean on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:56 am

yes i have the disk still.
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Postby AlexDean on Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:10 am

BUMP problem still there. I have invested quite a bit of money into this gun so the first person to make it work like new, well almost like new, and continues to work during the next airsoft game, gets a reward!!!! hmmm... 20?40?80????? who knows??!?!?!? I got my federal grant check and 2k to burn. LOL
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Postby Savage on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:43 pm

2k to burn..?
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=5593
There, order this and you'll be fixed. Now pay me! ;)
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Next

Return to Maintenance and Troubleshooting