M4 throwing a fit.

Tips and tricks for keeping your equipment in top shape

Moderator: Moderators

Re: M4 throwing a fit.

Postby SinfulPain on Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:52 pm

Opened it up finally... Gets decent compression.

The plastic bushings on the gear that the motor goes straight to are worn out, though, and the gears all need a shim-job, since there's no shims at all. There's no real wear on the gear teeth, including the pinion gear, though. Only 1 tooth out of all the gears has a small flaw. The teeth on the plastic/polycarb piston are still almost like-new, even.

Anyone got some shims I could have? I hate asking for stuff, but I have no money. I can make you some jewelry, or maybe do some work around your place or what not.

~Brian
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Re: M4 throwing a fit.

Postby SinfulPain on Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:03 am

Got new bushings, and Exarach shimmed it for me, and installed the bushings. Gearbox sounds great now! Didn't sound bad before, but its quieter than it was.

Now I need to test the hop-up spring he gave me, once I make a new front body pin for my M4 tomorow. Stupid me lost my other one, lol.

~Brian
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Previous

Return to Maintenance and Troubleshooting