New question about Fuse for wiresets

Tips and tricks for keeping your equipment in top shape

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Fuse for wiresets

Postby SinfulPain on Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:13 am

ryukensfj wrote:
SinfulPain wrote:
ryukensfj wrote:How the hell did that happen? Where you charging the battery for a few days unattended? You left the battery plugged in the gun? You left it in direct sunlight? What the hell did you do?

IIRC, It was left on the charger for a few days.

I'm sorry but that was just an idiot move... Of course you don't leave a battery unattended while charging, especially for a few days! That's like common sense.

I know it was an idiot move. I had forgotten I put it on the charger. Shit happens. Scolded myself good for that one. Partly why I don't think I'll ever go LiPo. I have horrible memory like that. I'll stick with LiMn batteries. Safest of the 3 chemistries to use, and you can still get up to 8C discharge safely.

~Brian
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Re: New question about Fuse for wiresets

Postby xblackthund3rx on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:17 am

OK so I set up my fuse with and tested it out the gun shot fine on semi and full auto but then today I went to go play and plug in the battery and I smelled something weird look at the front of my gun to see smoke coming out of it (given that it is front wired to a PEQ) I quickly unplugged the battery and took off the RIS to check the fuse and wires the fuse had completely disintegrated and metled part of the fuse casing what would cause this and should i check anything on the gun before trying to put in a replacment fuse set up and where can you get the parts to make a fuse set up?
forumlogo by BLACK_THUNDER, on Flickr
G4-A2 Blazing hog, TM 1911, KWA KMP9, Echo 1 MK5, CYMA AK47
xblackthund3rx
Private

Postby AxisOfOil on Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:20 am

To replace the fuse setup, head on over to The Shack.

What would cause your fuse to completely disintegrate and melt the fuse casing:
You used a slow-acting fuse, or a higher current fuse than what the casing was rated for.

What would cause a problem where your fuses keep blowing:
Your motor is worn, or is not strong enough to pull the spring you have
You are pulling too much current because you have a terrible shim job or random stuff gumming up your gearbox.
Your motor height is adjusted WAY too high, binding the gears.
You have a small short somewhere in the wiring.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby SinfulPain on Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:41 pm

xblackthund3rx wrote:OK so I set up my fuse with and tested it out the gun shot fine on semi and full auto but then today I went to go play and plug in the battery and I smelled something weird look at the front of my gun to see smoke coming out of it (given that it is front wired to a PEQ) I quickly unplugged the battery and took off the RIS to check the fuse and wires the fuse had completely disintegrated and metled part of the fuse casing what would cause this and should i check anything on the gun before trying to put in a replacment fuse set up and where can you get the parts to make a fuse set up?

What fuse did you buy for it? If its 15 amp or lower, that's why it blew. *Most* AEG's use a 20-amp fuse.
On top of Radio Shack, some other places that will carry fuses are: Ace Hardware, Checker/Autozone (any car parts or hardware store, really, should carry the fuse you need). Buy a single fuse at first, and test it in your gun. I'd just bring the lower receiver with you, test-fire it a few times, to make sure it won't blow the fuse, so you can just go right back in the store. Faster/cheaper than buying a few fuses, then testing it, to find out none of them worked, and then having to drive all the way back to wherever you bought the fuses.

If you blow a 20-amp fuse, and aren't running higher than an M120, run your motor outside the gun (on its own), and see if that blows the fuse, or heats it up after 5-10 seconds of being on. If it's heating it up, and its a 15+amp fuse, your motor is likely to be shot. If it doesn't, then you'll want to open your gearbox, and see whats wrong.

~Brian
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby xblackthund3rx on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:20 pm

I used the fuse set up from my G&G gr16 wire set so what ever fuse comes in that I had tested it a couple days before and it shot and worked completely fine but then when I went to play yesterday that happened and the motor in the gun is fairly new its a Matrix M4 the gun has no upgrades in it the only thing ive changed was I had to replace the wire set other than that its a stock matrix gearbox
xblackthund3rx
Private

Postby AxisOfOil on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:06 pm

When you buy cheap parts, expect cheap results is my motto.

If it isn't the motor, it may be how HIGH the motor is adjusted.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby xblackthund3rx on Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:45 am

What would you be referring to as cheap parts?

and like I said the gun worked fine a day or so before this happened with the exact same parts and everything in it
xblackthund3rx
Private

Postby AxisOfOil on Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:27 am

matrix parts = cheap parts.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby xblackthund3rx on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:30 pm

Not sure why you say that at all I have had no problems with any of there parts at all other than this and it actually had nothing to do with there parts since the wireset and fuse setup were not matrix parts. And plus Matrix is just the name slapped on by Evike most of the parts are made by other companies and the gun parts are AIM
xblackthund3rx
Private

Postby airsoftguy on Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:13 pm

xblackthund3rx wrote:Not sure why you say that at all I have had no problems with any of there parts at all other than this and it actually had nothing to do with there parts since the wireset and fuse setup were not matrix parts. And plus Matrix is just the name slapped on by Evike most of the parts are made by other companies and the gun parts are AIM

From what I know ''Matrix'' motors are Crap and even though that evike says they are the best but most of their parts are in fact made in china. For example I had a Matrix Turbo motor it says that it can pull a M120 but It wont even pull a M110
Free body piercing, anywhere any size, if you stand in front of my iron sights.
airsoftguy
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Maintenance and Troubleshooting