New question about Fuse for wiresets

Tips and tricks for keeping your equipment in top shape

Moderator: Moderators

Re: New question about Fuse for wiresets

Postby airbornemedic on Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:29 pm

Maybe you just had a bad motor because i have a Matrix 5000 in my G36 and it pulls a M120 spring just fine and it even increased the ROF.
airbornemedic
Private 1st Class

Postby xblackthund3rx on Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:01 pm

theres nothing wrong with the motor it works fine the gun worked completely fine with the original wireset the only reason I had to replace it was because it was my friend gun and before I bought it from him he tried to wire it to the rear and messed up the wire set once I replaced the wire set the gun once again worked as normal and then a couple days after the incident happened
forumlogo by BLACK_THUNDER, on Flickr
G4-A2 Blazing hog, TM 1911, KWA KMP9, Echo 1 MK5, CYMA AK47
xblackthund3rx
Private

Postby SinfulPain on Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:46 pm

airsoftguy wrote:From what I know ''Matrix'' motors are Crap and even though that evike says they are the best but most of their parts are in fact made in china. For example I had a Matrix Turbo motor it says that it can pull a M120 but It wont even pull a M110

Made in China doesn't mean anything. You can get good quality stuff from China, if the manufacturer cares about quality more than volume.

For example I had a Matrix Turbo motor it says that it can pull a M120 but It wont even pull a M110

That statement doesn't mean anything. For all we know, you could have been running an 8.4v smalltype, with high-speed gears, which means, you're not going to pull a 120 with that setup.

xblackthund3rx wrote:theres nothing wrong with the motor it works fine the gun worked completely fine with the original wireset the only reason I had to replace it was because it was my friend gun and before I bought it from him he tried to wire it to the rear and messed up the wire set once I replaced the wire set the gun once again worked as normal and then a couple days after the incident happened

It's possible you had a bad fuse. I've had mislabeled fuses in the past (a batch of 10-amp fuses were stamped as being 15-amp, when I still had a 15-amp of the same brand, and the real 15 was beefier).

~Brian
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby xblackthund3rx on Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:56 pm

Hey Brian thanks for the info what is the average life of a fuse tho because I had the fuse set up in my G&G for a few months or so before it got put in the Matrix were its life ended lol so it was good at one point
xblackthund3rx
Private

Postby SinfulPain on Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:28 pm

xblackthund3rx wrote:Hey Brian thanks for the info what is the average life of a fuse tho because I had the fuse set up in my G&G for a few months or so before it got put in the Matrix were its life ended lol so it was good at one point

A fuse should theoretically last forever, as long as you stay below its rated use. If you're running 15 amps through a 15-amp fuse, it will last fine on bursts, but it may blow on a long stream of full-auto. Most AEG's I've seen are running 20-amp fuses, so I'd say start with a 20, and if you blow that, try a 25. If that blows, you've got an issue. One of my friends is running a 130 spring with a 9.6, using a 20 amp fuse (we blew a 15-amp one after a 10 round burst with his sniper) So far, the 20-amp fuse has held up fine.

Don't fret about the voltage ratings, unless it is lower than your battery voltage, because then you run the risk of the fuse not doing its job, and the voltage in the battery being just high enough to arc across the gap, and continue to run the gun, when it should have stopped the gun from running. In this case, the higher voltage rating, the better off you are.

From what I'm understanding you pulled the fuse from your G&G, and put it in your Matrix, right? If so, that's most likely your problem. If that's the case, it means the G&G pulls a lower amount of current than the Matrix does, and the Matrix one was pulling more than the fuses threshold, and the fuse did its job properly.

~Brian
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby xblackthund3rx on Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:41 pm

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=2850
It was exactly like this the but the fuse set up had connectors since it was front wired so i just took the front part of the wiring that had the fuse in it and plugged it in to the matrix wireset. If it worked at first why would it not work again if you get what I mean cause I understand what your saying but it just doesnt make sense to me that it would work once and then the next time I plug in the battery poof no more fuse
xblackthund3rx
Private

Postby SinfulPain on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:31 am

The simplest reason that comes to mind would be that you had originally done it with a partly discharged battery, so the motor didn't pull as much current as it would on a fully charged pack, and then when you tried it again, you tried it after charging the battery, and that extra voltage allowed the motor to pull more current out of it, and blew the fuse.

What rating was the fuse anyways? It should say on one of the ends. It will say something like 125V 20A and then the brand somewhere around there. If it says 10 or 15 amp, that's probably why the fuse blew. The motor may be pulling 20 amps on startup, and blew the fuse.

Right now, it's all speculation until we know the actual rating of the fuse.

~Brian
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby xblackthund3rx on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:48 am

haha ill have to see if i am able to check at all the fuse basically self destructed inside the casing ill have to see if the caps of it are still in there and readable and the situation you explained with the battery actually happened the other way around it was freshly charged the first time when it worked and the it was missing just a little juice when the fuse blew
xblackthund3rx
Private

Postby Exarach on Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:45 am

Could be a junk battery, My P90 used to do this. It would run fine, then blow the fuse, or blow the fuse on startup, or after a few hundred shots. Never could figure it out. Tried fuses, checking the wires, ect. Then one day, my fuse blew out, and that battery melted, turned out the reason for the problem was that I was using the shitty "Hero" battery that came with it. Bought an attack pack..... no problems with it in two years.
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby SinfulPain on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:17 am

Exarach wrote:Could be a junk battery, My P90 used to do this. It would run fine, then blow the fuse, or blow the fuse on startup, or after a few hundred shots. Never could figure it out. Tried fuses, checking the wires, ect. Then one day, my fuse blew out, and that battery melted, turned out the reason for the problem was that I was using the shitty "Hero" battery that came with it. Bought an attack pack..... no problems with it in two years.

That's bizarre. I've NEVER heard of a junk battery doing that. I've heard of new batteries doing that, because they're able to dump a ton more current through the motor than stock ones, but never a crap battery. I guess you learn something new every day.

~Brian
SinfulPain
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Maintenance and Troubleshooting