WE GBB SCAR 3RD GEN

Tips and tricks for keeping your equipment in top shape

Moderator: Moderators

WE GBB SCAR 3RD GEN

Postby DRC92 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:42 am

So like it says i'm having problem with my rifle. Like i already said its a GBB WE SCAR 3RD GEN, my problem is that i'm currently using .28s(got them from DP) and they work but sometimes though they breakapart and destory my mags. this is a simple fix i know but i'm looking for a way for this not to happen again. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.
SCAR-L (gas), G36k, M3 no stock, Sig Sauer P226R
The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday
DRC92
Recruit

Re: WE GBB SCAR 3RD GEN

Postby yellow_fever on Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:47 am

Use different BB's?
When in doubt, call it out.
Savage wrote:Good to know snow camo isn't desert issue anymore.
yellow_fever
Sergeant

Postby KileyHAZ on Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:33 am

What brand BB? If they are a cheap brand this will happen a lot. A more premium brand is usually harder and smoother and may clear the problem up.

Are they breaking inside the mag or only when you insert the mag and your airnozzle is shredding them?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby SinfulPain on Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:48 pm

Are you running Co2 mags? I was having that problem left and right in my 1st gen WE PDW, when I was using the Co2 mag. Chopped BB's left and right. Didn't matter what brand.

If you are running Co2 mags, is your nozzle, and everything in the firing mechanism Co2 rated, or did you buy a regular SCAR, and then buy Co2 mags? IIRC, there's GG setups, and Co2 setups, probably to solve the BB chopping problem.

~Brian
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby DRC92 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:08 pm

I'm using a combo of .2 tracers(have no problems with these) matrix .23(no problems) and .28 echo1 i beleive these are the ones causing me the most problems. I took it apart today and I'm going to need to get a new valve system and a new gas ring (i thinks thats what it's called) I'm going to try and take pictures and upload them for better understanding.
SCAR-L (gas), G36k, M3 no stock, Sig Sauer P226R
The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday
DRC92
Recruit

Return to Maintenance and Troubleshooting