Red dragon airsoft?

The good, the bad and the worthless

Moderator: Moderators

Red dragon airsoft?

Postby Savage on Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:37 pm

I ordered one of the new-type SRC XM8 from this site, because they're the only place I could manage to find one.
http://reddragonairsoft.net/SRCXM8.html
I know they mention a 3-Day delay. But it's been three weeks, and my order has not even been shipped. I'm starting to think I got conned by this cheap imitation of Kiley's site, as much as the customer service disagrees. Any advice?
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Re: Red dragon airsoft?

Postby KileyHAZ on Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:51 pm

Cheap imitation of my site? Blech, please, at least my site can be navigated relatively easily. Finding the contact info link on that mess made my eyes hurt. Its simply too busy to be an effective cross audience sales site in my opinion.

Try calling their contact number, if you get no answer, try the email one more time (the fact its a hotmail.com address scares me just a bit, you would think they would have an email addy at their own domain...). If still no reply use paypal to file a dispute and submit your email attempt as evidence they are not working with you. I think you have 45 days to file with paypal so you might want to get things wrapped in the next day or two.

Taking 3 weeks is not all that uncommon, especially for items they may not carry on site (I know the XM8 would be the last gun I'd have in my local inventory) but they should at the least be keeping you up to date on what going on (i.e. waiting on a distributor, en route, delayed etc).
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Savage on Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:58 pm

I've sent them an email asking them to either ship it or refund me within 24 hours or I'll have to take it up with Paypal. I was unsure about buying from them too, but they were the only site that carried that particular model. And apparently I was right, too. I suppose I'll have to call in a few minutes, to make sure I get my point across. I don't want to sit here forever waiting for that gun to come in,when I can just go to a more professional company and have a gun in my hands within 3 days.

Off topic, I saw that AGM's new M16 has a 6.00mm tightbore stock. Does that seem like a bad idea to anyone else?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby V-S on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:00 pm

I've heard of people ordering from Red Dragon. Didn't hear them not getting their items, but didn't hear too much good news either. Just continue pestering them, without any courtesy to them. You'll get it eventually.
V-S
Corporal

Postby Savage on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:02 pm

As much as I love harassing people, I'd prefer to get this done before the 45 days paypal limit. I'd like paypal to be the backup plan for if something goes wrong, because if/when they decide to just keep the money AND the gun, I'd prefer to be able to do something about it.
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby Savage on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:55 pm

Alright, they claim to be shipping the gun tomorrow. Here's hoping they actually do it. :mrgreen:
I'm a huuuuuuge M8 fan
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby Seedy on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:34 pm

Never order anything off the web before calling to confirm they have it in stock...
Seedy
Executive Advisor

Postby Savage on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:12 pm

They openly said it will take 3 days to get in stock. My problem is it took them seven times longer than promised to get their asses moving. :lol:
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby Savage on Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:41 pm

Well, the gun finally came in. But he decided to send the wrong model, and scavenge the battery out of the box.
I'm just going to buy a battery and charger off of Evike or WB. But I can't find the battery connector in the stock or the foregrip. the front end has two wires connected together with what I think is a small-type, but that's all I know.
Savage
Master Sergeant

Return to Website Reviews